HoE PDFs are More Expensive than Print Books

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Thunderforge
Veteran

HoE PDFs are More Expensive than Print Books

#1 Postby Thunderforge » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm

First off, I LOVE the fact that Pinnacle has had a sale of Classic Hell on Earth stuff. Thanks so much!

However, I'm really surprised to find that in many cases, the PDFs of these classic books are more expensive than the print copies. For instance, the print of The Wasted West is $5, but the PDF of the The Wasted West is $6.

I would really like to see the PDF versions of all the Hell on Earth books sold for equal to or less than the corresponding print copy.
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

jpk
Legendary

#2 Postby jpk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 pm

You also have to pay shipping for printed books, which you don't for the PDFs. In then end, they actually aren't cheaper in most cases, but we want to make sure that they're very competitive for the duration of this sale.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

PEGShane
Site Admin

#3 Postby PEGShane » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:53 pm

Our PDF prices are set where we want them long-term. The print versions are what's leftover. Once they're gone, they're gone forever.

Thanks!

Shane

steelbrok
Veteran

#4 Postby steelbrok » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Just as I was about to put my Wasted West and Quick and the Dead on ebay!

:)

The Geezer
Seasoned

#5 Postby The Geezer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:43 am

PEG classic books are priced somewhere in the 20's of £, on amazon.co.uk. I think I even remember seeing one priced at 50 quid (about $100).
[Insert pretentious quote here]

steelbrok
Veteran

#6 Postby steelbrok » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:25 am

I'd been thinking of putting it on at £10, might still

mac40k
Seasoned

#7 Postby mac40k » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:52 am

I spent over $100 stocking up on pdfs. Since I've run out of shelf space and moved to an iPad, it is actually my preferred format. I don't mind paying at or near the same cost as print because it is my preferred format and has additional features such as hyperlinked bookmarks, searchable text, and with GoodReader, cropping gets most pages large enough to read without zooming and panning.

Sadly, this is not the case with the HOE Classic books, which are just a (poor) scan of the print books. The scan of Iron Oasis isn't even square, which is even more painfully obvious when trying to crop the page. I still don't have the space for the physical books, but I think they are the better value at the current pricing.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#8 Postby ValhallaGH » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:09 am

mac40k wrote:Sadly, this is not the case with the HOE Classic books, which are just a (poor) scan of the print books.

Most of them are much better than that. Iron Oasis and Brainburners are two really poor examples (unless they've updated Brainburners since my last download - Cyborgs eventually got fixed), but most of them are true pdfs, fully searchable. No hyper-linked TOC or indices, but given the fact that these products are about 20 years old, I can forgive that.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

chillburn
Seasoned

#9 Postby chillburn » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:59 pm

PEGShane wrote:Our PDF prices are set where we want them long-term. The print versions are what's leftover. Once they're gone, they're gone forever.

Thanks!

Shane

On this subject, will there (is there?) be a print copy of HoE: Reloaded available? I'm old-school and like hard copy (and sending you money).

PEGShane
Site Admin

#10 Postby PEGShane » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:12 pm

On this subject, will there (is there?) be a print copy of HoE: Reloaded available? I'm old-school and like hard copy (and sending you money).

Absolutely. We hope to have advance copies at GenCon. :)

Shane

chillburn
Seasoned

#11 Postby chillburn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:40 am

Cool.

I'll be at DragonCon, so I guess I'll have to wait for them to come out on the site.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”