HOE errata in the print version?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Calabim
Novice

HOE errata in the print version?

#1 Postby Calabim » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am

I noticed that the PDF has been updated a couple of times. Will these changes be reflected in the print version?

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

Re: HOE errata in the print version?

#2 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 am

Calabim wrote:I noticed that the PDF has been updated a couple of times. Will these changes be reflected in the print version?

Yes. The final print master hasn't yet gone to press, even though the book has "gone to the printer."
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

Calabim
Novice

#3 Postby Calabim » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:31 pm

Great to hear. Thanks.

jpk
Legendary

#4 Postby jpk » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Calabim wrote:Great to hear. Thanks.

The version currently in release (new today, as mentioned in the Tuesday Update) has the proof edits, so it is as the print version will be.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

newForumNewName
Heroic

#5 Postby newForumNewName » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:03 pm

Interesting. Was the plan to release the PDF before the final print file was finished to get the community-at-large to give it one final error check before the printed version went out?
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

jpk
Legendary

#6 Postby jpk » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:21 pm

We've been doing that ever since we started releasing the PDF ahead of the printed book.

A wide spread of fans who are interested in the product provide a final proofing mechanism that simply cannot be replicated (or, in my mind, beaten) by any other plan. We'd be foolish to ignore your contributions, and we appreciate them very much.
Joel Kinstle

Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

PEGShane
Site Admin

#7 Postby PEGShane » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:55 pm

What Joel said. And just so folks know, there were at least 7 sets of professional editors *paid* to go through the manuscript to one degree or another, plus a number of volunteers.

So we do all we can, but *nothing* matches you guys and gals. :)

Shane

Dagon
Novice

#8 Postby Dagon » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:29 pm

On p. 155 in my PDF there is an encounter with a mutant war party. There is reference to Changed and Veteran Changed and each has brackets (presumably to indicate what stats from the monster section to use for these muties) but the brackets are empty. Anyone know what this should read? Is there an official errata thread I should be on?

Dagon
Novice

#9 Postby Dagon » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:17 am

Bump

Clint
Site Admin

#10 Postby Clint » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:02 am

Dagon wrote:On p. 155 in my PDF there is an encounter with a mutant war party. There is reference to Changed and Veteran Changed and each has brackets (presumably to indicate what stats from the monster section to use for these muties) but the brackets are empty. Anyone know what this should read? Is there an official errata thread I should be on?

Eh, sorry, missed this.

The War Party would use the same stats for Changed and Veteran Changed as the Raiding Party in the first column on that page.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

shinryu
Seasoned

#11 Postby shinryu » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Still a couple of oddities in the weapons table, if you're still revising (I have a version from a couple days ago, has the new Wheels edge that doesn't require Rich):

The HI Thunderer and Damnation appear to still be identical, though one's a submachinegun.

The extra range brackets for the grenade launchers under "Grenades" are still there.

Not necessarily a typo, but the Hunting Rifle continues to be worse than the lever-action rifle (same damage, range, and presumably RoF but a lower ammunition capacity) but costs 1.5 times as much. Seemed odd.

martiank9
Novice

#12 Postby martiank9 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 pm

The description of the Vengance Brigade Automaton on page 158 says that they have no integral weapons, but their gear list matches the integrated weapons from the regular automaton.

Are their weapons held or mounted? Is the ammo stored internally?

martiank9

Doc Firefly
Seasoned

#13 Postby Doc Firefly » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:02 am

There is also no generic "syker" in the creature section.
All men dream, but not equally
-T. E. Lawrence (of Arabia)

Dagon
Novice

#14 Postby Dagon » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:17 am

The TSAR weapon on p.83 is an over and under. How many gyro jet rounds does it hold? Also should it really be 3d10+4 damage? That doesn't match any other gyro jet rounds in the book. Perhaps 2d10+4?

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”