attributes?

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

fourtykiller
Novice

attributes?

#1 Postby fourtykiller » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:05 pm

So i'm getting ready to run my first game, but i'm wondering when do you ever roll with attributes, or is it only skills that you roll with?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: attributes?

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:40 pm

fourtykiller wrote:So i'm getting ready to run my first game, but i'm wondering when do you ever roll with attributes, or is it only skills that you roll with?

Well, among the many times Attributes are rolled in the core rules, there are...

Agility - Rolled for Agility Tricks and resisting them. To evade Area Effect attacks when allowed. To draw weapons in some cases. To interrupt someone when on Hold. An option to escape grapples. Participate in foot chases. To resist certain powers.

Smarts - Common Knowledge rolls. Smarts Tricks (making and resisting). Resisting Taunt. Resisting powers.

Spirit - Every roll to recover from being Shaken regardless of the cause. Resisting suppressive fire. Resisting Intimidation. Fear checks. Resisting powers.

Strength - 99.9% of melee damage rolls. Another option to escape grapples or counter certain powers. To resist Disarms. To use the Push maneuver.

Vigor - Soak rolls to reduce damage. Rolls for Incapacitation. Rolls for natural healing. Most rolls to avoid Fatigue. Resisting powers again.

Attributes are indeed used quite a bit.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”