Soaking and Shaken

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Garuda
Seasoned

Soaking and Shaken

#1 Postby Garuda » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:34 am

I think I may have been applying the soak rules incorrectly. I always thought that soaking was for wounds only, not for removing Shaken as well.

However, during a situation in last night's game I consulted the rules and it doesn't seem too clear.

I don't have the book with me and cannot quote, but the impression is that if there are any wounds left after soaking you are still shaken. This then implies that removing all wounds automatically means you are not shaken?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Soaking and Shaken

#2 Postby Clint » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 pm

Garuda wrote:I think I may have been applying the soak rules incorrectly. I always thought that soaking was for wounds only, not for removing Shaken as well.

However, during a situation in last night's game I consulted the rules and it doesn't seem too clear.

I don't have the book with me and cannot quote, but the impression is that if there are any wounds left after soaking you are still shaken. This then implies that removing all wounds automatically means you are not shaken?

If you have the Deluxe Edition, it specifically says under Soak Rolls...

"If the character Soaks all of the wounds from an attack, he removes his Shaken condition too (even from a previous source)."
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”