Forge Lexington, KY May 25-27, 2012

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

Muse
Seasoned

Forge Lexington, KY May 25-27, 2012

#1 Postby Muse » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:16 pm

Beautiful Brains is proud to be a Goldsmith sponsor for this new convention. They seem to have really done their homework and are promoting it heavily to the area gamers. So let's have a good Savage Worlds showing, right?

I'll be pulling together a Savage Saturday Night as usual, so if you want to GM, PM me!

http://forgecon.ning.com/
Jodi Black

Muse
Seasoned

#2 Postby Muse » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Just bumping this... we need some Savage GMs! Clint and I will be there.

This is Memorial Day Weekend, and we will be organizing some kids games, so this might be the right con to bring your Next Generation Gamer to their first con. :)

If you check the link below, you'll see that you only need to run two games to get in free that weekend!

http://forgecon.ning.com/page/event-submission

I'm also still recruiting GMs for SSN, and I feed you pizza and soda, which gives you time to set up your game. PM me if interested.

I've really been impressed with this group. They are running a commercial, if you can believe it! And even though the convention is still more than a month away, they have a pretty full game list. It seems every local college and gaming group is involved. It should be fun!
Jodi Black

Clint
Site Admin

#3 Postby Clint » Thu May 24, 2012 3:56 pm

This weekend! :mrgreen:

Also running It's Not Easy Being Green (the JourneyQuest adventure) here.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

jpk
Legendary

#4 Postby jpk » Thu May 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Yep. See y'all there. I'll be running Little Lamb Lost (fantasy), Very Incredibly Special Delivery (Deadlands), and For Whom the Wedding Bell Tolls (modern mythic supers).

If another thread can be believed, there may also be pie. ;-)

Boldfist
Heroic

#5 Postby Boldfist » Thu May 24, 2012 8:06 pm

I'll be at Fandomfest and hope to play in your For Whom the Wedding Bell Tolls Joel!
Norm "No Relation" Hensley

jpk
Legendary

#6 Postby jpk » Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 pm

Boldfist wrote:I'll be at Fandomfest and hope to play in your For Whom the Wedding Bell Tolls Joel!

You got it. Remember, a former Miss Hawaii is one of the character options. ;-)

skylion
Veteran

#7 Postby skylion » Fri May 25, 2012 7:24 am

Darn, I live only a 45 minute drive north of Lexington. Busy weekend for me. Tell the horses I said hay.

cinderblock
Novice

#8 Postby cinderblock » Wed May 30, 2012 7:45 pm

Had a great time at Forge! It was nice to meet you Clint and Jodi. My brother and I really enjoyed participating in Savage Saturday Night. We played in the Very Special Delivery game and loved every disturbing minute of it. Our Boardwalk Vampire games went off with full groups for both sessions (in fact, they were overbooked!). We hope to see you all at next years Forge and if you need more GMs for that, please let us know!
Phil

jpk
Legendary

#9 Postby jpk » Wed May 30, 2012 10:33 pm

I had a nice time at Forge, too. For a first-year con, they seemed to have their act pretty well together.

And I'm glad to hear you had a good time in the Very Special Delivery game. You were a great group to run that with. Which character where you and your brother?

Muse
Seasoned

#10 Postby Muse » Thu May 31, 2012 7:30 am

I'll keep you in mind, Phil!

Remember, chat tonight is about Forge convention. The con organizers are eager to hear your feedback and any suggestions to make it better. I have to say they really, REALLY did a great job organizing this for their first year. Attendance was amazing. The volunteers were amazing. The hotel and facility were amazing. Game registration... well, I've already given them some pointers there (mainly to come visit MACE, MACE: West, miniMACE, or ConCarolinas). But if all I'm nitpicking is the game reg, then they did a LOT right.

And there are giveaways! The con organizers are giving away a badge for next year and we give away Free Shipping to one person in the chat as usual.

Tonight, May 31, 9-10pm EDT. Don't miss it!
Jodi Black

Jeff Dains
Novice

#11 Postby Jeff Dains » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:22 am

I really enjoyed the Horrors of War and the Noir game (think it was Boardwalk Vampires). Looking forward to SSN at Fandom.

Jeff (the wrerewolf in Horrors of War at Forge)

Muse
Seasoned

#12 Postby Muse » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:16 pm

You're coming to FandomFest? SWEET! :trippin:
Jodi Black

jpk
Legendary

#13 Postby jpk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 pm

See you both there (presuming I make my Notice roll).

Return to “The Con Suite”