Trying to make a form-fillable pdf from MS Word

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

GranFalloon
Veteran

Trying to make a form-fillable pdf from MS Word

#1 Postby GranFalloon » Thu May 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Hey all, I'm trying to make a quick-reference Extras sheet using Word 2010, and I would like to make it a fillable PDF. I can add little text boxes and such, but they don't seem to carry over if I just try to "Save As" a PDF document. Is this something that needs another, dedicated PDF editing program? Any suggestions?

Inferno!
Seasoned

#2 Postby Inferno! » Thu May 31, 2012 8:35 pm

When I've made fillable pdf forms for work, it required at least the full version of Acrobat Standard. So you basically create your form in Word, save or convert it to pdf and then use Acrobat to insert the fillable fields.

I'm sure there are other ways professionals accomplish it, but I don't think you can accomplish your goal with MS Word alone.

heathd666
Seasoned

#3 Postby heathd666 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:44 pm

openoffice and LibreOffice both are free are both compatible with ms works and allow you to port a document directly to pdf but i dont know if you can make if form fillable or not hope that helps

sincerely
heath delashmit

Cryonic
Veteran

#4 Postby Cryonic » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:14 pm

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”