A Question About The Kickstarter

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Osiris Risen
Novice

A Question About The Kickstarter

#1 Postby Osiris Risen » Mon May 21, 2012 8:53 am

Hi,

I'd like to pledge at least $100 for DLN, but I'm going to be moving before the products ship. Will I be able to change my shipping address (won't know what the new one is until after the Kickstarter ends) later on if I make a pledge? Thanks!

jpk
Legendary

#2 Postby jpk » Mon May 21, 2012 10:02 am

I believe that shouldn't be a problem. I'll go double-check that, though, and let you know if I'm wrong.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

Osiris Risen
Novice

#3 Postby Osiris Risen » Mon May 21, 2012 11:11 am

Thanks! Could you also find out who I'd have to contact to get that changed?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon May 21, 2012 11:22 am

Osiris Risen wrote:Thanks! Could you also find out who I'd have to contact to get that changed?

Generally, Kickstarter doesn't collect your delivery information until the drive is over and moneys are transferred.
The collection is part of a survey sent via e-mail to all backers within a few hours of the end of completion (I've had to do a few of these over the last few months). That's when you give the people seeking support all the info they need to give you your updates.

So, unless you were inputting delivery information into Kickstarter already (and that would be extraordinarily and disturbingly strange), you can handle it when the fundraising ends.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Osiris Risen
Novice

#5 Postby Osiris Risen » Mon May 21, 2012 5:31 pm

The kickstarter is set to end next month though, right? I'm going to be moving in August, so I'd still be using my current address when they request the info.

martiank9
Novice

#6 Postby martiank9 » Mon May 21, 2012 6:21 pm

Basically, I think all you'll have to do is contact Pinnacle and tell them what your new address is (once you know it).

Kickstarter doesn't have anything to do with shipping the physical products --they provide a way to collect funds and contact people. Pinnacle itself is going to do the shipping.

Make sense?

martiank9

Osiris Risen
Novice

#7 Postby Osiris Risen » Mon May 21, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks!

newForumNewName
Heroic

#8 Postby newForumNewName » Mon May 21, 2012 10:23 pm

I don't know that Pinnacle would ship directly. They usually partner with Studio2 for physical products.
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”