SW: Deluxe EE

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

The GIT!
Heroic

#21 Postby The GIT! » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:41 pm

BluSponge wrote:
The GIT! wrote:Surely it would be easier to say SWEED (Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition Deluxe)? :eek:

SWEED can be tricky though, unless you live in a state that allows it medicinally.

Tom

Some quotes from the Urban Dictionary...

1. Sweed
to have sweed is to, do things your own way, or can also be used to replace the word swagg.

2. swEED
When things are positive and are looking good. Comes from the word sweet.

3. sweed
an overly large head upon ones shoulders

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#22 Postby Kristian Serrano » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:44 pm

greyseerco wrote:I have the SWDE PDF, and that has all the erratas (up to a point), what is the advantage of getting the new SWDEX? Is the new size easier to read on a tablet? Are there errata that made it into the SWDEX that are not in the SWDE PDF? Something else?
I have both on my Motorola Xoom, and I honestly find the SWD to be better than SWDEX in terms of readability. The font size was large enough to make it legible, but in the SWDEX, it feels cramped with some of the text a bit smaller than the rest. Some of the tables, particularly weapons and vehicles, are awkward to read, too.

Soulliard
Novice

#23 Postby Soulliard » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:58 pm

I plan on getting either SWD or SWDEE. I'm a big fan of nice hardcover books, so I'll probably just get that. Just in case, are there any differences in content between the two editions, besides errata?

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#24 Postby Kristian Serrano » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Soulliard wrote:I plan on getting either SWD or SWDEE. I'm a big fan of nice hardcover books, so I'll probably just get that. Just in case, are there any differences in content between the two editions, besides errata?
None that I've seen. They seem to be identical in content, including the ads in the settings section.

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#25 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:26 pm

I've noticed a few minor things here and there. This is nitpicky stuff, but if it's early enough in the production process I might as well bring it up. It's nothing game breaking or anything.

In the

Pg. 39, 46, and 51: The Martial Artist Edge is referred to as simply Martial Arts in the Edge descriptions and on the Edges Summary.

Pg. 52: On the Edges Summary table, the Ag d8 requirement is not listed for the Quick Edged, and the Knowledge (Battle) d6 requirement for the Tactician Edge has gotten mixed in with the Edge's description.

Pg. 76: The description of Dim lighting is all in bold text.

Pg. 89: In the Attack Options Summary, the description of Rapid Attack doesn't explicitly mention the Shooting skill (but it does say you can fire up to 6 shots from a revolver), and it doesn't mention the -2 to Parry.

Pg. 156: Alligators and crocodiles are reptiles, not amphibians.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

Snate56
Legendary

#26 Postby Snate56 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:30 am

SavageGamerGirl wrote:Pg. 76: The description of Dim lighting is all in bold text.

Well, duuhh! That's so you can read it...
:eek:

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

robert4818
Heroic

#27 Postby robert4818 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:06 pm

Soulliard wrote:I plan on getting either SWD or SWDEE. I'm a big fan of nice hardcover books, so I'll probably just get that. Just in case, are there any differences in content between the two editions, besides errata?

I would recommend getting one SWD book for yourself, then picking up a couple of SWDE books for use at the table, at $10 a pop its nice to have a game where there are plenty of books to go around.

Virgobrown72
Heroic

#28 Postby Virgobrown72 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:32 pm

I would recommend getting one SWD book for yourself, then picking up a couple of SWDE books for use at the table, at $10 a pop its nice to have a game where there are plenty of books to go around.

Yeah. that... :wink:
"That which does not kill me, makes me Shaken..."

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#29 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Pg. 55 and 62: The description of Reloading on this page indicates that reload times are written like fractions, so 1/3 means that the weapon can fire every third round if the firer does nothing but reload. The weapon tables on pg. 62 still have reload times given in action (2 actions, 3 actions, etc.)

Pg. 58: Missile countermeasures are "chaff," not "chafe."

Fenrir
Novice

#30 Postby Fenrir » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:17 am

SavageGamerGirl wrote:Pg. 55 and 62: The description of Reloading on this page indicates that reload times are written like fractions, so 1/3 means that the weapon can fire every third round if the firer does nothing but reload. The weapon tables on pg. 62 still have reload times given in action (2 actions, 3 actions, etc.)

Pg. 58: Missile countermeasures are "chaff," not "chafe."

OK, thanks!
Then I'm going to wait for an updated version...

jpk
Legendary

#31 Postby jpk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:33 am

If you get the PDF, you can easily download it again at no cost whenever it gets any updates.

If you're getting the print version, any typos that crop up now will be fixed in the proof. That's one of the compelling reasons to let the PDF out with the preorders. There probably won't be another printing until at least next year.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#32 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:32 am

Happy to help out! Nothing I've found yet is game-breaking or unbalancing. It's just minor piddly stuff.

It's a great book, and I was thrilled to finally get it printed out and read through it. Great work!

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#33 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:19 pm

Another minor nitpick.

Pg. 169: The setup text for the adventure Blood in the Snow says that the trolls attacked "two nights ago," but in the following section it's implied that the heroes set out to track the trolls almost immediately after the attack.

Pg. 170: In the description of the Ice Cliffs, the falling damage doesn't match up with the core falling damage rules.

VonDan
Legendary

#34 Postby VonDan » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:29 pm

I'm off to get my SW:D Hard back that has been waiting for me at FLGS for a month (and cost me $15), I suppose I'll have to order a SW:D EE and check on my Horror companion order

Von "Why did I just spell check the word companion when i could have lifted the hat next to the computer and looked at the Supers Companion underneath" Dan

TommyBrownell
Veteran

#35 Postby TommyBrownell » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:20 pm

jpk wrote:If you get the PDF, you can easily download it again at no cost whenever it gets any updates.

If you're getting the print version, any typos that crop up now will be fixed in the proof. That's one of the compelling reasons to let the PDF out with the preorders. There probably won't be another printing until at least next year.

Does Studio 2 hold REALLY TIGHTLY to that "limited number of downloads" thing still?

I normally get my PDFs from RPGNow, but I did the preorder bundle here.
Tommy Brownell

jpk
Legendary

#36 Postby jpk » Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:56 pm

TommyBrownell wrote:Does Studio 2 hold REALLY TIGHTLY to that "limited number of downloads" thing still?

The limited number of downloads on the Studio 2 web site is the number you can get without human intervention. You can always get your PDF again by contacting their sales support.
Joel Kinstle

Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

MeetsInTaverns
Seasoned

#37 Postby MeetsInTaverns » Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:24 am

jpk wrote:
TommyBrownell wrote:Does Studio 2 hold REALLY TIGHTLY to that "limited number of downloads" thing still?

The limited number of downloads on the Studio 2 web site is the number you can get without human intervention. You can always get your PDF again by contacting their sales support.

I'm not a fan of limited amount of downloads, and I prefer not to contact customer support unless I have to. How many downloads are you allowed and does the download limitation reset when the pdf has been updated?

I ask because I notice SWDE is cheap on drivethru with it's unlimited downloads. Will this continue to get updated as a pdf now the SWDEEE is available (as their will still be a few kinks to iron out) or should I now be looking at purchasing the explorer edition?

Also, when will the explorer edition be available on drivethru?

Nomally I'd go for the print bundle now, but as I live in the uk, I might as well wait until the print copies arrive here to save on shipping.

PEGShane
Site Admin

#38 Postby PEGShane » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:17 am

The new Pinnacle web store is *currently* set to infinite downloads. It's my intent to leave it that way, but of course we'll have to see what happens.

S2 certainly supports multiple downloads as well, and a quick email to any of us--PEG staff or S2 staff, despite us being completely separate companies--will get you taken care of as well.

Thanks!

Shane

Angry Ghost
Novice

#39 Postby Angry Ghost » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:09 am

thanks to he answers to some of my questions.

As folk have pointed out errors in the Deluxe explorers edition I think I'll pick up the pdf when it next gets updated...maybe....want it now and I can always download it again....

hmm

is it likely to be updated soon?
and
can you get an email notification when the pdf has been updated or do you have to keep checking?

Angry Ghost
Novice

#40 Postby Angry Ghost » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:33 am

meh, got it anyway :-P

so...is it not meant to have bookmarks or is this just yet another fault of my piece of sh@! HP touchpad?

I bet I can guess which...

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”