Post-Apocalyptic

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

G
Novice

Post-Apocalyptic

#1 Postby G » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:18 pm

My group is heavy into playing the post-apocalyptic genre. We were wondering if there were any plans for a "companion" book?

Or if there is already such a book, that we have overlooked, could you point us in the right direction?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Post-Apocalyptic

#2 Postby Clint » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:55 pm

G wrote:My group is heavy into playing the post-apocalyptic genre. We were wondering if there were any plans for a "companion" book?

Or if there is already such a book, that we have overlooked, could you point us in the right direction?

There's no companion book, and all our current post-apocalyptic planning would be focused on Deadlands: Hell on Earth.

You might look at some of the licensee material like the Savaged version of Darwin's World for instance.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

PEGShane
Site Admin

#3 Postby PEGShane » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:31 pm

G wrote:My group is heavy into playing the post-apocalyptic genre. We were wondering if there were any plans for a "companion" book?

There was a post-apocalyptic TK written by Wiggy several years ago that I plan on updating sometime after the SciFi Companion, but it probably won't be in time to help with your current campaign...unless it lasts a good long time!

Clint is absolutely right that Hell on Earth might give you lots of PA goodness in the interim!

Shane

VonDan
Legendary

#4 Postby VonDan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:05 pm

PEGShane wrote:
There was a post-apocalyptic TK written by Wiggy several years ago that I plan on updating sometime after the SciFi Companion, but it probably...

TK??

Doh never mind Tool Kit

I'm at work with the fever and just cut out three left sides to a bike tool bag

Tal
Novice

#5 Postby Tal » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Low Life might also be of help for some of the more gonzo PA stuff. I'm personally using a combination of SW Darwin's world book and some of Low Life's edges and character creation stuff for a more Gamma World feel. Looking forward to HoE:reloaded.

G
Novice

#6 Postby G » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:24 am

Thanks for the info and yes, Shane, my group is planning to still be going when you update that TK.

Looking forward to Hell on Earth reloaded.
Thanks again
G

greyseerco
Seasoned

#7 Postby greyseerco » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:17 am

it would be awesome if this TK was released by october 2013, wasteland 2 is set to release then. I am sure there will be a surge of interest in the genre at that time, just like when fallout 3 came out.

PS if you haven't backed it yet, check out kickstarter.com and search for wasteland.

TeknoMerk
Seasoned

#8 Postby TeknoMerk » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 am

Savage Heroes also has some PA goodness that may be useful -- Fallout, Gamma World, etc.
<> TeknoMerk <>

Creator of Savage Apocalypse

Sartredes
Novice

#9 Postby Sartredes » Fri May 25, 2012 7:51 am

You should check out Darwin's World over on RPGObjects http://www.rpgobjects.com/index.php?c=dw

It's a gritty Post Apocalyptic setting. (Fallout more-so than Gamma World) There's a savage worlds edition of the players guide and the campaign book.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”