Clint's patience amazes me

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

newForumNewName
Heroic

Clint's patience amazes me

#1 Postby newForumNewName » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:27 pm

I'm dead serious. I have no idea how Clint fields the same question, repeatedly, without exploding. I am pretty sure I'd have smacked someone by now.

PS It's the question about Wounds and Shaken.
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Clint's patience amazes me

#2 Postby Clint » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:02 pm

newForumNewName wrote:I'm dead serious. I have no idea how Clint fields the same question, repeatedly, without exploding. I am pretty sure I'd have smacked someone by now.

I get asked this at cons all the time (multiple times at Genghis Con in fact), and the answer is always the same...

I can't get mad answering the same question from different people because it means new people are trying the game for the first time on their own. That's cool, not annoying.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

newForumNewName
Heroic

#3 Postby newForumNewName » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:03 pm

Clint wrote:
newForumNewName wrote:I'm dead serious. I have no idea how Clint fields the same question, repeatedly, without exploding. I am pretty sure I'd have smacked someone by now.

I get asked this at cons all the time (multiple times at Genghis Con in fact), and the answer is always the same...

I can't get mad answering the same question from different people because it means new people are trying the game for the first time on their own. That's cool, not annoying.

Still amazes me though...
"I had a whole bunch of advice for you but got ninja'd by newForumNewName. I'd just do what he says." -- 77IM

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH

FickleGM
Novice

#4 Postby FickleGM » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:07 pm

PS It's the question about Wounds and Shaken.

If you smacked somebody who was shaken and got a raise, how many wounds would they take?

newForumNewName
Heroic

#5 Postby newForumNewName » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:08 pm

Depends how hard I smacked them... :wink:

EDIT: But it would be a single wound.

Pariah74
Veteran

#6 Postby Pariah74 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:34 pm

I get annoyed when people assume should I know everything somebody who has been posting for years should know. Seems strange to me that somebody would assume that just because it's been discussed around here lots of times, that people would know about it if they weren't part of those discussions.

I have used the Search function in forums to no avail and then been given a link to the thread discussing such things before. It doesn't mean I didn't try, it just means I didn't realize what to search for.

One thing I have noticed is there a huge thread that comes up for many searches for basic stuff. It's the one with the FAQ or whatever. It's pretty hard to find what you're looking for in that thread, so I wouldn't assume that it's really helping anyone.
"Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game. "
~Gygax

marshal kt
Legendary

#7 Postby marshal kt » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 pm

I can personally vouch for Clint's patience.

In the early days of SW & the forum there was a prolific poster that like SW but had some problems with some parts of the game & some of the settings.

I jumped into a rant, maybe even an attack on this poster, since I felt he was attacking Shane. [a person I never met].

Clint calmly, well at least the PM was calm & civil, and told me to calm down and basiclly, embarassed me by being so nice, when I wasn't. [nice, calm or civil.]

I don't think this poster is still around, or if he is, he doesn't post as often.

Clint's still here, and [seeming] calm and civil.
I try to just keep my mouth shut so not to embaress myself again. :oops:
"I'm Hotep"

Jose
Seasoned

#8 Postby Jose » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:52 pm

St. clint: the patron saint of Patience... :D

VonDan
Legendary

#9 Postby VonDan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 am

and he does it all while still having time to write books on Pirates and the caribbean

http://www.librarything.com/author/blackclintonv
Last edited by VonDan on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tigerguy786
Veteran

#10 Postby tigerguy786 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:49 am

Slightly off topic, but where can one find the faqs for SW and its settings? Am I blind and just don't see them?
"Well, you do know what those who underestimate tigers always say right?"
"What?"
"They scream, 'Oh god help me I'm being mauled to death by a tiger.'"

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#11 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:24 pm

To start searching the Official Answers forum: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16340

To start searching the Official Products forum (settings and such): http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16341

Good luck.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

jpk
Legendary

#12 Postby jpk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:07 am

For those of you interested in learning the ancient, secret, and highly self-destructive art of forcing Clint to lose patience with you, contact me privately.

I wouldn't if I were you, but life is all about free will, eh?

newForumNewName
Heroic

#13 Postby newForumNewName » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:01 pm

jpk wrote:For those of you interested in learning the ancient, secret, and highly self-destructive art of forcing Clint to lose patience with you, contact me privately.

I would imagine it's like anything else: persistence and practice :lol:

I wouldn't if I were you, but life is all about free will, eh?

The Devil's Advocate wrote:Free will, it is a bitch.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

jpk
Legendary

#14 Postby jpk » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:02 pm

I've actually written one more than one "scholarly" paper on The Devil's Advocate, you know.

Wait...did you know? :1eek1:

newForumNewName
Heroic

#15 Postby newForumNewName » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:11 pm

jpk wrote:I've actually written one more than one "scholarly" paper on The Devil's Advocate, you know.

Wait...did you know? :1eek1:

I did, actually :1eek13:

You've mentioned it on the forums before

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”