It's Official: I'm insane [Roc/WNM]

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Message
Author
Kodyax
Veteran
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 am

It's Official: I'm insane [Roc/WNM]

#1 Postby Kodyax » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:20 am

I just got Wonderland No More this week and I'm already loving it. Between the source book and reading the novels they are based on I am getting so many ideas it's not even funny. I feel compelled to run this at Fur Fright in October.

But I'm thinking something weird and strange now. What would happen if I combined the with Realms of Cthulhu? I know like heck I'd have an excuse to throw out the sanity rules for natives of Wonderland. After all, most of the stuff Lovecraft came up with would be considered merely odd in Wonderland, not mind blowing.

User avatar
Froggy the Great
Seasoned
Posts: 295
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:32 pm
Contact:

#2 Postby Froggy the Great » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:22 am

I am glad to see this sort of insanity, and look forward to what you come up with.

User avatar
Sitting Duck
Legendary
Posts: 5330
Joined: Thu May 15, 2003 6:47 am
Location: Podunk Junction, State of Confusion

#3 Postby Sitting Duck » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 am

You might want to look up an RPG called JAGS Wonderland. It has another interesting take on Carrol's books, particularly with its unsanity system.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

User avatar
razorwise
Legendary
Posts: 2959
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:34 am
Location: Hither and Yon
Contact:

Re: It's Official: I'm insane [Roc/WNM]

#4 Postby razorwise » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:18 am

Kodyax wrote:But I'm thinking something weird and strange now. What would happen if I combined the with Realms of Cthulhu? I know like heck I'd have an excuse to throw out the sanity rules for natives of Wonderland. After all, most of the stuff Lovecraft came up with would be considered merely odd in Wonderland, not mind blowing.


Quickest way to infuse the sanity system which comes to mind (no pun intended) would be to award bennies normally (i.e. more generously than in RoC) and use the pulpy Sanity variant. Done and done.

Best,

Sean

Kodyax
Veteran
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 am

#5 Postby Kodyax » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Sitting Duck wrote:You might want to look up an RPG called JAGS Wonderland. It has another interesting take on Carrol's books, particularly with its unsanity system.


Unsanity? Oh that does sound like fun. And for the gentleman from Reality Blurs, The way I plan on running this, the characters may try to take an avatar of Cthulhu, I would be using a star spawn to represent this, and drive him insane. Imagine the old boy's reaction where things present themselves to be eaten and nobody pays him no mind?

User avatar
VonDan
Legendary
Posts: 4059
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:36 am
Contact:

#6 Postby VonDan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:27 pm

The action figures based on your alice/cthulu idea are ready

http://www.toywiz.com/mctotwlaofoz.html

Kodyax
Veteran
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 am

#7 Postby Kodyax » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:36 pm

VonDan wrote:The action figures based on your alice/cthulu idea are ready

http://www.toywiz.com/mctotwlaofoz.html


Not really, those are for Oz. Although truth be told, if somebody made a book for playing Savage Worlds in Oz I'd get that too.

User avatar
VonDan
Legendary
Posts: 4059
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:36 am
Contact:

#8 Postby VonDan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Kodyax wrote:
VonDan wrote:The action figures based on your alice/cthulu idea are ready

http://www.toywiz.com/mctotwlaofoz.html


Not really, those are for Oz. Although truth be told, if somebody made a book for playing Savage Worlds in Oz I'd get that too.



oops the wrong McGuy making wacky figures


http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=475&category=8227


http://www.amazon.com/AMERICAN-MCGEES-ALICE-ACTION-FIGURES/dp/B000WUBTBW

http://www.figurerealm.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15470

you could maybe print them out for figure flats it works for pazio
Last edited by VonDan on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kurt Wiegel
Seasoned
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:00 pm

#9 Postby Kurt Wiegel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:04 pm

There is a game for JAGS called Wonderland and The Book of Knots which cast the entire setting in a WHOLE new light thats incredibly disturbing. I won't lie, its dense and a little hard to grok (the Chessboards are a particular sticking point for me) but the RoC sanity system would absolutley work, since knowledge of and proximity to Wonderland corrrupts as much as the Mythos.

And both books are free downloads....

Kurt

Kodyax
Veteran
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 am

#10 Postby Kodyax » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Something worth considering to say the very least.

User avatar
VonDan
Legendary
Posts: 4059
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:36 am
Contact:

#11 Postby VonDan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Kurt Wiegel wrote:There is a game for JAGS called Wonderland and The Book of Knots which cast the entire setting in a WHOLE new light thats incredibly disturbing. I won't lie, its dense and a little hard to grok (the Chessboards are a particular sticking point for me) but the RoC sanity system would absolutley work, since knowledge of and proximity to Wonderland corrrupts as much as the Mythos.

And both books are free downloads....

Kurt



http://www.jagsrpg.org/

Kurt Wiegel
Seasoned
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:00 pm

#12 Postby Kurt Wiegel » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:25 pm

VonDan wrote:
Kurt Wiegel wrote:There is a game for JAGS called Wonderland and The Book of Knots which cast the entire setting in a WHOLE new light thats incredibly disturbing. I won't lie, its dense and a little hard to grok (the Chessboards are a particular sticking point for me) but the RoC sanity system would absolutley work, since knowledge of and proximity to Wonderland corrrupts as much as the Mythos.

And both books are free downloads....

Kurt



http://www.jagsrpg.org/


thanks. My google fu is weak.

Kodyax
Veteran
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:59 am

#13 Postby Kodyax » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:52 am

I'm going to have to fiddle with the site a bit but it sounds interesting enough. I just got through to the appendix of Wonderland No More tonight and it mentions TAG's cyberpunk book as something to use with it. I have Tales of the Sprawl and found it wanting in comparison to Interface Zero. But the advice given there is more than sound enough. Heck, given that IZ allows for anthro animal characters, I can turn it into an MMORPG within the world of IZ and be done with it. Now I have already run IZ with monsters from RoC as bio-horrors. Si I think I have a scenario in mind that I can't wait now for October to roll around and use it in a Halloween themed furry convention I go to every year....


Return to “SW Licensees”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests