Rumble in the Jungle scenario balance question

Discuss skirmish games and the Troop Builder here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

chicklewis
Novice

Rumble in the Jungle scenario balance question

#1 Postby chicklewis » Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Hi, Pinnacle adepts, we have been using Savage Worlds and really like the system.

We played the downloadable scenario "Rumble in the Jungle" for our most recent two games, and found that the Poachers won without really breaking a sweat.

Then, adding up the points for each side, we discovered that the Poacher team is valued at over 200 points, while the Savage team is valued at only 109.

Is this deliberate? How do you guys adjust such a huge imbalance to give each side a chance of victory? I feel we must be missing some basic principle.

Please advise.

Chick Lewis

chicklewis
Novice

#2 Postby chicklewis » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks for no response in a month.

Clint
Site Admin

#3 Postby Clint » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 am

chicklewis wrote:Thanks for no response in a month.

Sorry about that. I'll move the post down to the Showdown topic, so the right people can see it.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

CynicalMisfit
Novice

#4 Postby CynicalMisfit » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:26 pm

If you are familiar with the free showdown document located on the Pinnacle website please feel free to read Appendix B located on page 36 titled "Troop Builder". I hope that will give you a plethora of reasons why not all army lists are perfectly "points" balanced.

I assume the reason why the points for either side in Rumble in the Jungle don't balance out is because the encounter or skirmish was not designed to be balanced but made to portray the encounter a certain way.

If you feel strongly about points balance for your skirmish I would suggest adding more troops or units to better even up the points between the two sides. As always, YMMV. :wink:

Clint
Site Admin

#5 Postby Clint » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 pm

Since our Showdown guy is temporarily unavailable, I looked in the Troop builder which has the stats for the units. The listed cost for the Poachers and Spears is based off having 6 and 8 respectively of each, so it looks like the quantities on the sheet are off.

It should probably be 2 units of 3 each for the Poachers and 2 units of 4 each for the Spears.
Clint Black

Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “SW Showdown”