Perfect Slipstream Mini's

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

robert4818
Heroic

Perfect Slipstream Mini's

#1 Postby robert4818 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

Originally Posted in the General thread, but figured would re-post here.

http://hydraminiatures.com/

I picked up the war-rockets game, and got 1 combo pack(12 ships), 1 Class 3, and 1 class 4 for each fleet. Grand total of 56 ships, for $305. Though this is a bit much if you are just looking for minis for the game.

Some Shots:

They also offer a line of miniatures figures for ground combat that fit the slip stream style, including some all-female for Anathraxia's forces.

warrenss2
Heroic

#2 Postby warrenss2 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:13 pm

I've always thought that the HeroClix Hawkman, Hawkgirl, & Dawnstar would make fantastic Bird Men miniatures to use.

They're light, cheap, easily remodel-able, and can be repainted.

http://www.miniartofwar.org/smf/index.php?topic=1145.0
:blam:

Froggy the Great
Seasoned

#3 Postby Froggy the Great » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:06 am

As an aside to the Hydra Miniatures the Valkeeri figure featured in the above post is my paintjob.

warrenss2
Heroic

#4 Postby warrenss2 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:18 pm

FROGGY!!!!!!

How are ya doing?!?
:blam:

Bretbo
Veteran

#5 Postby Bretbo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:23 pm

They aren't perfect (bases aren't 1", for example), but the Karman line of minis for AT-43 would work OK for Primals. They're tech looks a little too futuristic than what you might want, but they are apes in power armor.

Note that the company that makes them, Rackham, went out of business and they could be difficult to find.

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#6 Postby Jordan Peacock » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:36 pm

Bretbo wrote:They aren't perfect (bases aren't 1", for example), but the Karman line of minis for AT-43 would work OK for Primals. They're tech looks a little too futuristic than what you might want, but they are apes in power armor.

Note that the company that makes them, Rackham, went out of business and they could be difficult to find.

Ditto on that, though I'm happy to say that of the various AT-43 forces, Karmans are relatively easy to find. Apparently not too many AT-43 players wanted to have all-ape armies. I've actually gotten a few of the "Yetis" for just such a purpose, because they come with bubble helmets. (Yes, I know that Primals aren't supposed to NEED helmets since they're Slipstream-adjusted, but I prefer the bubble-helmet look.) The Karman "buggies" have a retro look that might be passable for a Slipstream campaign, depending on taste.

MiniatureMarket.com actually has a number of the Karmans, in boxes and broken up into singles, but I've also seen them gathering dust in a few game stores (such as my local Sci-Fi City store, which has a vehicle or two and some apes).

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”