Demo groups?

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

dr evil
Seasoned

Demo groups?

#1 Postby dr evil » Thu Aug 28, 2003 1:49 pm

Just curious is there a demo group for Pinnacle? You know like Pod Corps for Dreampod 9, or Envoys for Wizkids' cliks games. I do a lot of Demoing on the weekends (SW included) and I'm just curious. 8)
Dead is Dead, Parts Is parts And dead guys is parts!

Mort
Heroic

#2 Postby Mort » Thu Aug 28, 2003 2:07 pm

Nope. Last I heard Pinnacle didn't have the budget. Though Perhaps that changed with Savage worlds' success.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#3 Postby MadTinkerer » Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:03 pm

I beleive there is an Official Pinnacle Fanatic Demo Brigade who are willing to use tactics up to and including using professional Greek Sirens to lure gamers away from D&D 3.5e demo tables and playing Savage Worlds with them for about a half hour, thereby permanently deprogramming them from the grasp of the D'Twenty. I even hung around the 3.5e tables for a few minutes just to get some attention from the Sirens. They may be over 2000 years old, but they don't look it. Yowza!

[Legal disclaimer: there is no such thing as Sirens, Harowed, Sa Karan, Fairies, intelligent dinosaurs or Evil Shane. If gorgeous babes offer to play Savage Worlds with you, it's strictly because Savage Worlds is that good and not because they're supernatural creatures and/or employed by Pinnacle. Therefore, if you find the Savage Worlds game you are playing to be distracting you from beauty of your fellow female gamers so much that you forget to ask for their phone numbers, don't blame Shane.]
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!

PEGShane
Site Admin

#4 Postby PEGShane » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:05 pm

I'm afraid not. It's just not something I have enough staff to handle. RPG demos are really difficult to run demo teams for as well.

Of course you're always welcome to do so on your own, and I certainly appreciate it!

Shane

Count Zero
Legendary

#5 Postby Count Zero » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:12 pm

Don't blame Shane?? Don't tell my group that. The joke at my Evernight game is that whenever anything bad happens to the players and they look at me I say "Hey, blame Shane." So now every time they get whooped up on they look at each other and say "Its Shanes fault." Last time I think was Tragors tomb. ;)
They've gotten more savvy with the rules and have come a helluva long way from the Orc beat down in the Savage Hills so I don't hear it as often any more. :)
I'm not an adversarial GM. I am a facilitator of awesomeness. - Dr Rotwang

dr evil
Seasoned

#6 Postby dr evil » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:55 pm

Well I am already, and I don't have any plans to change, (in fact I just painted afew figs for Saturday's Deadlands SW demo)
Dead is Dead, Parts Is parts And dead guys is parts!

Marguerite
Seasoned

#7 Postby Marguerite » Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:59 am

MadTinkerer wrote:There is no such thing as Sirens, Harowed, Sa Karan, Fairies, intelligent dinosaurs or Evil Shane. If gorgeous babes offer to play Savage Worlds with you, it's strictly because Savage Worlds is that good and not because they're supernatural creatures and/or employed by Pinnacle. Therefore, if you find the Savage Worlds game you are playing to be distracting you from beauty of your fellow female gamers so much that you forget to ask for their phone numbers, don't blame Shane.]

Hehehehe! Well, I've never claimed to be supernatural, but I'll take the "gorgeous gamer babes" line as a compliment. :D

Marguerite
Alea Iacta Est!

jeff
Veteran

#8 Postby jeff » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:19 pm

Hon, I'll bet you're an absolute doll. If I was straight..... :hug:
The day mutant zombies rise in my town is the day I get to be a hero.

DannyboyO1
Heroic

#9 Postby DannyboyO1 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 8:51 pm

Heh, or, yanno, halfway across the continent.
There is no sig file that seems witty after 50 posts.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”