[Deadlands] Are the Dime Novels Reloaded?

Full-length books, dime novels, and other similar works of fiction.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Thunderforge
Veteran

[Deadlands] Are the Dime Novels Reloaded?

#1 Postby Thunderforge » Thu May 19, 2011 9:35 pm

From today's announcement:

The Main Page wrote:After the three-part Legend of Kyla Kidd, we'll be presenting the original fiction from the Deadlands Dime Novels, featuring all new full-color illustrations of Ronan Lynch, Bad Luck Betty, and Velvet Van Helter.

I'm glad to hear that there's going to be full-color illustrations, but what I'm wondering more is if the scenario section of these Deadlands Dime Novels will have Reloaded stats instead of the Classic stats. I imagine that would be fairly easy, as the Conversion Notes already cover most of these things.

And by the way, I'm thrilled to hear that we're getting more of these! I always thought it was a novel idea. I mean, a scenario and a story to read in your free time, perfect for the GM who buys more scenarios than he ever has time to run.

Scott A. Woodard
Heroic

#2 Postby Scott A. Woodard » Fri May 20, 2011 1:06 am

I assumed they were just releasing the stories, not the adventures...
DAVROS: ‘Tar Lubek Ka’leed, Uth Ricta Dal’ek.’ Roughly translated, it means: ‘And on that day, men will become like gods.’ (I, DAVROS: GUILT written by Scott Alan Woodard http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/guilt-393)

PEGShane
Site Admin

#3 Postby PEGShane » Fri May 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Just so we're clear, this is just the fiction with art featuring Ronan and crew. The originals had "character art" in them so we never really established our feature characters.

If you already have the originals, you certainly don't need these. Sure--we greatly appreciate it if you do, but the only thing new is the art and I don't want anyone mislead.

Thanks!

Shane

Thunderforge
Veteran

#4 Postby Thunderforge » Fri May 20, 2011 6:15 pm

So just to be perfectly clear, these new Dime Novels do not include the scenario that the original Dime Novels do. If we want the scenario, we still have to purchase the original Dime Novel PDFs and use the Conversion notes to bring them from Classic to Reloaded. Correct?

And if this is the case, will the Classic Dime Novels still be available to purchase for those who do want the scenario?

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#5 Postby Cutter XXIII » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:31 pm

I missed this thread from a while back, I guess, but most of the Dime Novel adventure material (setting and characters) has been or will be Reloaded.

Included in the Savage Tales for The Last Sons are Independence Day, Night Train, Adios A-Mi-Go (altered to remove specific Chaosium references), and Perdition's Daughter (the town, not the enemy).
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

Radical Ans
Seasoned

#6 Postby Radical Ans » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:59 am

Cutter XXIII wrote:I missed this thread from a while back, I guess, but most of the Dime Novel adventure material (setting and characters) has been or will be Reloaded.

Included in the Savage Tales for The Last Sons are Independence Day, Night Train, Adios A-Mi-Go (altered to remove specific Chaosium references), and Perdition's Daughter (the town, not the enemy).

Awesome news! Before i really wanted Last Sons. Now I REALLY REALLY want Last Sons. :)

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#7 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:01 pm

Frankly, I'm surprised no one noticed the additions to the latest Weird West map: Derry's Ford (Perdition's Daughter), New Jerusalem (Adios A-Mi-Go), and both New Varney Flats and Barlowe Station (Night Train).

I guess some "easter eggs" stay that way til you crack 'em open. :)
Matthew Cutter

Thunderforge
Veteran

#8 Postby Thunderforge » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:27 pm

Oh I noticed some of them, including other references to Classic adventures like Devil's Tower. I always just assumed they were references to Classic adventures, not an indication that they were specifically getting a Reloaded treatment.

And Pinebox, TX I always just figured was an easter egg. :wink:
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

Radical Ans
Seasoned

#9 Postby Radical Ans » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:34 pm

Speaking of the map. Is it safe to take that out of the Marshal's Handbook? I don't want the glue to rip the book or anything.

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#10 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:28 pm

Thunderforge wrote:And Pinebox, TX I always just figured was an easter egg. :wink:

Probably correct... but maybe not. We'll see. :)

Radical Ans wrote:Speaking of the map. Is it safe to take that out of the Marshal's Handbook? I don't want the glue to rip the book or anything.

Yes, you absolutely can. Do it carefully, and it should peel right off in a rubbery way, although it will leave a bit of a stain.

I was all over Joel's case about confirming non-rip glue with the vendor before we did these books. :wink:
Matthew Cutter

Thunderforge
Veteran

#11 Postby Thunderforge » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:37 pm

And I'd recommend taking the glue off the map as well when you take it out. I found out that if your map is exposed to heat (like being in a hot car), the glue that keeps the map on the book starts making two ugly nickel-sized stains on your map right around Amarillo, TX and Devil's Backbone, AR. :(
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#12 Postby TheLoremaster » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:22 pm

Cutter XXIII wrote:Frankly, I'm surprised no one noticed the additions to the latest Weird West map: Derry's Ford (Perdition's Daughter), New Jerusalem (Adios A-Mi-Go), and both New Varney Flats and Barlowe Station (Night Train).

Oh, I definitely noticed those ... but has anyone else noticed that the map's printed scale doesn't conform to either inches or centimeters? ;)
"Your GM is metagaming ... and wrong!"

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#13 Postby Cutter XXIII » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:34 am

TheLoremaster wrote:
Cutter XXIII wrote:Frankly, I'm surprised no one noticed the additions to the latest Weird West map: Derry's Ford (Perdition's Daughter), New Jerusalem (Adios A-Mi-Go), and both New Varney Flats and Barlowe Station (Night Train).

Oh, I definitely noticed those ... but has anyone else noticed that the map's printed scale doesn't conform to either inches or centimeters? ;)

WEIRD, isn't it?? :lol:
Matthew Cutter

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#14 Postby TheLoremaster » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:45 am

Cutter XXIII wrote:
TheLoremaster wrote:

WEIRD, isn't it?? :lol:

No, more like really, really annoying. ;)

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#15 Postby Cutter XXIII » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:58 am

TheLoremaster wrote:No, more like really, really annoying. ;)

Please accept my abject apologies, then.
Matthew Cutter

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#16 Postby TheLoremaster » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:01 am

Cutter XXIII wrote:
TheLoremaster wrote:No, more like really, really annoying. ;)

Please accept my abject apologies, then.

Not really necessary. Heck, up until SWD we didn't even really have hard and fast overland travel rules. So what difference would an accurate scale make? Still, I thought I'd point out the oversight...

Radical Ans
Seasoned

#17 Postby Radical Ans » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:58 pm

DLR gave rough estimates on travel times by horse, stage coach, and rail.

Return to “Books & Dime Novels”