[classic] Junker % slots cost question

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

PsyBomb
Novice

[classic] Junker % slots cost question

#1 Postby PsyBomb » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:52 pm

This issue came up during play, and we're not sure exactly how it should go. Simply put, if you make something meant to be worn, do you exempt the 64 slots for a human-sized space from your power cost calculations?

For example, say I want to make a full suit of AV 1 armor for a size-6 human. Frame size 6 is 128 slots, 64 of which is the empty spot for the person. Does the armor...

A) Take 10% of 128 slots for a total of 12.8 slots
B) Take 10% of (128-64 empty) 64 slots for a total of 6.4 slots
C) Something completely different.

This is going to make a very large difference to my character, who is going for an "Iron Man" style getup eventually.

Zombi Bobb
Seasoned

#2 Postby Zombi Bobb » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Option B. The rule for cargo and passenger space is that it needs to be subtracted beforehand. If you were to build into that space, the person wouldn't fit. I ran into this issue when I made Clime-Controlled Coveralls. In that case, I did not subtract the deadspace as that was the space I was trying to regulate.

PsyBomb
Novice

#3 Postby PsyBomb » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:41 pm

What page and book would I find that rule in? It would make things WAY easier if we had that reference.

Templar
Seasoned

#4 Postby Templar » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 pm

PsyBomb wrote:What page and book would I find that rule in? It would make things WAY easier if we had that reference.

It's shown in the armor example. Don't feel bad, I had to read it a few times before I properly understood it, I felt like banging my head against the wall while I tried to make sense of it the first couple times.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”