Luck of the Irish Edge

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

SilasWrathStrike
Novice

Luck of the Irish Edge

#1 Postby SilasWrathStrike » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:12 pm

So, I know that this Edge was updated in (waste warriors? companion?) so that it now has the effect of just giving the player an extra draw from the Fate pot at the beginning of the game... But my friends and I somewhere along the line got it into our heads that the cost changed from 3 points to a 5 point edge. However, looking at the update recently it didn't mention a change in cost at all.

Does anyone know if it's still a 3 point Edge? Or was there a change in price somewhere we're just not seeing?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:56 am

It's still only a 3 point edge. Nothing changed the cost.

I prefer the old version - it's cooler and much more fun in play - but that's irrelevant.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

re

#3 Postby Fists-of-Dorn » Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:27 am

The pdf versions of the Weird West Player's Guides I have list the cost at 5 with the altered ability. You, and your friends, may have seen it in one of those.
I too prefer the old version.

-Fists.

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#4 Postby ScooterinAB » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:49 pm

I know that a few Edges and Hindrances changed costs between WE and HoE. I think Luck o the Irish was one of them. I can check when I get home to better answer your question.

Edit: I check the Accumulated Rules, and both WW and HoE Rulebooks as well as Waste Warriors. There is no mention of a cost change on the HoE side of things, but the WW cost is listed at 5 (vs HoE at 3). I'm not sure if I've missed anything though.

Hope that helps.
28/12/09 Scooter just bought a Deadlands book... In a Japanese Gaming store... And the clerk knew what it was. Awesome.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”