Format of HoE: Reloaded

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

What format would you like to see for HoE: Reloaded?

Plot Point (a la Fifty Fathoms, Evernight, etc.)
21%
Open World Sourcebook (like DL:R)
65%
DL:Reloaded Supplement with HoE specific rules
14%

Total votes: 105

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#41 Postby ScooterinAB » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:43 pm

Personally, I want to see HoER as it's own game. I always felt a little cheated by Lost Colony piggy backing too much from HoE. Of specific concern, if HoER is an expansion book for DLR, that means you have to carry between 3 and 5 books with you to games (SW, both DLR books, and however many books HoER is released in).

As for content/metaplot, I wouldn't mind a base setting with some info about maybe 2-3 years of play. Afterwards, I'd like to see The Unity revisited as a Plot Point book, complete with details for playing post-Battle of Junkyard. I love the main plot, but I'm quite interested in playing a game set after the battle and the Unity.
28/12/09 Scooter just bought a Deadlands book... In a Japanese Gaming store... And the clerk knew what it was. Awesome.

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#42 Postby Cutter XXIII » Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:59 pm

ScooterinAB wrote:Of specific concern, if HoER is an expansion book for DLR, that means you have to carry between 3 and 5 books with you to games (SW, both DLR books, and however many books HoER is released in).

No need to worry about that. HoE Reloaded uses the DLR rules as a basis, but contains everything you need to run it. (I don't think it has yet been determined whether it'll be split into a player's and Marshal's book.) In any case, you won't need the Weird West rules to run HoE.

Lost Colony Reloaded (only a gleam in my eye at this point) will be its own setting. Someday. :)

As for content/metaplot, I wouldn't mind a base setting with some info about maybe 2-3 years of play. Afterwards, I'd like to see The Unity revisited as a Plot Point book, complete with details for playing post-Battle of Junkyard. I love the main plot, but I'm quite interested in playing a game set after the battle and the Unity.

As Teller said earlier, HoERL's Plot Point is set post-Unity. It's pretty cool, too. Lots of neat cameo appearances and what have you. :wink:
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

AcesHigh
Novice

#43 Postby AcesHigh » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:01 pm

Open World Source book but with Flood-like expansions please.

Stampede
Seasoned

#44 Postby Stampede » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:16 am

It's time for More SHAM--

er, Open world sourcebook.

Can't wait for this baby to come out. Hell on Earth was the go-to game of my Teenage years, and even overtook our love of World of Darkness. (Something profoundly significant for us 90s teenagers)
David Viars
Gun Metal Games

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”