Rippers online MMO

Discuss Pinnacle games running on the Facebook social networking site.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Kersus
Novice

#21 Postby Kersus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:43 pm

inlife9 wrote:It is insane how many people would like to play any None Fantasy mmo, and yet there isnt one.
Sword of the New World (Pirates-style).

Agent_Templar wrote:I stick to pvp, seeing pve as a tedious chore to make money and hit max leve/stats, so I sidestep the whole treadmill issue entirely.
Agreed.

dstuffle
Novice

#22 Postby dstuffle » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 am

Funny, I avoid PVP like the plague. For the simple reason that I loathe the degenerate scum that get their kicks making other's play time miserable by ganking players 20 - 30 levels lower than them.

RLogue
Seasoned

#23 Postby RLogue » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:51 am

To each their own, I suppose.

For me, PvP is okay, and that's it. In a lot of games, PvP just boils down to one more toons smashing each other for no purpose than to smash each other. PvE is where it's at if there are stories involved. However, if it's just a case of gathering a group and going into the open dungeon to collect XP, then I don't care for it. Those are grindy games... grind, grind, grind.

I would want an even mix of it. Missions and stories with unique rewards on instanced maps no one else can enter but the group you're with, open dungeons for grinding and loot collecting, and areas for PvP content that has meaning. Are there any fantasy games that hit this ideal?

Takeda
Heroic

#24 Postby Takeda » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Personally I don't enjoy PvP ... I'm all about fighting the good fight. PvE has it's downsides but the draw to gank fellow players ... not something I want to be subject to or drawn to.
Dean: "Ya' know she could be faking."
Sam: "Yeah, what do you wanna do, poke her with a stick?"
[Dean nods]
Sam: "Dude, you're not gonna poke her with a stick?"
Supernatural Quotes

JPCannon
Novice

#25 Postby JPCannon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:34 pm

anyone think about this idea again? I think that will be great if Pinnacle try to do facebook game in some of their setting :) What do you think about that?

gryffon2
Seasoned

#26 Postby gryffon2 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:14 am

Luv mmo's, but really not a fan of pvp. If a game lists pvp as one of it's primary drawing points I don't even go to their site. Don't mind there being set areas for pvp and may even do some pvp at times if there's a purpose to it.

Enjoyed the silliness of WoW's pvp, but it was a side thing, done once I had hit max lvl and was bored.

EVE's low sec, forced pvp eventually killed the game for me, admittedly after 3.5 years. :p

Age of Camelot had a decent pvp as taking the enemy castles gave an nice overall buff to everyone in your kingdom, involved in pvp or not. The negative was those castles were out in the middle of no man's land and once you got killed you respawned far from them, so you generally got 1 run at the castle and once you died the battle was over by the time you got back or you got ganked before you ever got back.

So not really a fan of pvp. Prefer a good storyline, especially if it has humor will keep me playing for a long time. :)

Return to “Facebook Games”