Noob Junker questions

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Sigma34561
Novice

Noob Junker questions

#1 Postby Sigma34561 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:30 pm

Hi! I made a junker for my first ever game of HoE Classic.

I had a few questions, and I cant seem to find a compiled FAQ.

My first question was about the AMMO power and instability. Our marshal wasnt sure so we roll reliablity for each magazine of AMMO.

Also, I was working on making some grenades for the group and it seemed really cheap. Maybe I'm doing it wrong:

5d10 burst 360%, 5 yards, thrown
Stars at size 2 per grenade for 5d10, then up to 2.8 for the blast size, then down to 1.4 for no proppellant.

So with 5 Chemicals and 5 Structural components, i could make 35 grenades at TN 9. Taking 1d6 hours and drawing 4 cards.

Did I get that right?

Janibala
Novice

#2 Postby Janibala » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:25 pm

"Since ammo is created in batches, it also makes instability checks in batches. Just roll for the batch the first time a bullet from it is fired each day. If it becomes unstable, the effect applies to the entire batch." ~ John Hopler, HoE listserv, 6/2/99

Source: http://weirdwest.pbworks.com/wastedwest

I do not know about the grenades, but I think the amount of grenades is way too high (Though, I've heard the Ammo power is quite broken, not really sure).

If I were the marshall, I might allow maximum batches of 5 to 10, because grenades should be a bit harder to make.

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#3 Postby ScooterinAB » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:11 am

The ammo sizes for explosive ammo were errataed, IIRC, in Iron Oasis. The change increases the size significantly by applying a multiplier base don the number of dice worth of damage.

So no, you can't create 35 grenades with a handful of components anymore.

Sigma34561
Novice

#4 Postby Sigma34561 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:36 am

thanks for the help!

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”