Friends in the game

Discuss Pinnacle games running on the Facebook social networking site.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Savage Simon
Seasoned

Friends in the game

#1 Postby Savage Simon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Some hints about friends as allies:

In the Allies screen, you may notice that not all your Facebook friends are visible, even if you know they are playing Rippers. The game filters out any Facebook friends who cannot help you, so you only see those who can provide a bonus.

In the Gear screen, there is a box marked "For Friends". If you place an item in that box, you will show up in the "Friends" pool of the Allies page of all your Facebook friends. Friends who then add you to their team will benefit from the bonuses conferred by the item you shared.

So if your friends aren't showing up, get them to share an item in their Gear screen. If you need help with an Intellect test, get them to switch out their weapons for equipment that boosts Intellect, or rearrange your team to include other friends with different shared gear.

Simon

ragboy
Seasoned

#2 Postby ragboy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:59 pm

Simon,

How does one gain prestige other than buying stuff in the real world...
http://mysticbull.pbwiki.com
Savaged Adventures and stuff:
- Trail of the Devastator -- Fantasy Companion
- Rocketship Empires 1936
- Modern Crime campaign notes
- Battlestar Galactica
- Lots o' mooks and villians.

Tavis
Heroic

#3 Postby Tavis » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:11 pm

That is a question I think a lot of us would like to know the answer to.
Currently Playing:

SWD: Savage Mystara (GM)

Savage Simon
Seasoned

#4 Postby Savage Simon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:41 pm

Other than through the purchases in the Lodge screen, there is a chance to gain Prestige each time you score a Critical Hit.

So you'll find that your Prestige increases fairly slowly just by playing the game.

We're working on implementing an achievement system into the game too, and in addition to swanky icons that show off your Ripping prowess, some achievements will also reward you with Prestige.

Other than that, real money transactions are the way. The provider we have integrated into the game offers numerous methods of acquiring Prestige, some of which require no purchase at all.

I know that most people are rightly cautious about sharing their information through many of the offers listed. I think that's very sensible, and I would certainly advise exercising caution.

Thanks

Simon
Game Designer
Dust Devil Studios
slucas@dustdevilstudios.com

EvilJorge
Novice

#5 Postby EvilJorge » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:01 am

So far I have only gotten heart increases from criticals. Prestige
must be (understandably!) rare.
---
You see, in this world, there's two kind of people, my friend; those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#6 Postby Jordan Peacock » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:19 pm

I've gotten a Prestige increase from making a Critical Hit twice so far; unfortunately, I haven't been keeping notes, so I couldn't put forth a guess as to what the odds are.

Epharian
Novice

Prestige from crits on attacks?

#7 Postby Epharian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:58 am

Am I correct in guessing that when you get a critical success makes a difference?

If you get a CS on a courage check, you get heart. If you get a CS on an attack, you get prestige?

Is that more accurate?

wanderingmystic
Seasoned

#8 Postby wanderingmystic » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:27 am

from what i have noticed you gain prestige from critical strikes while Hunting and hearts from critical strikes while adventuring

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#9 Postby Jordan Peacock » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Whether Hunting or Adventuring, if I get a Critical Hit while fighting, sometimes I get no special result at all (aside from, I assume, dealing extra damage?). Sometimes, I will get 1 or 2 points of Heart back. In rare instances, I may get a Prestige Point. The fighting mechanism does not appear to me to differ based on whether I'm on a Hunt or Adventuring.

I have never gotten a Prestige point from getting a Critical Hit on any other sort of check.

wanderingmystic
Seasoned

#10 Postby wanderingmystic » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:46 pm

i get 2-3 prestige points every day from crits while hunting and i have never gotten +hearts or nothing

while adventuring i have only gotten prestige pints once or twice and 90% of the time get + hearts or nothing

RobitusinZ
Novice

#11 Postby RobitusinZ » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:36 pm

Having done plenty of both adventuring and hunting, i can tell you that the Prestige Points simply have a random chance of popping up whenever you score a critical hit. It IS tied to attacks, though...criticals on courage checks don't count (you get hearts then instead). Not all critical attacks will give prestige points, though...it's a random chance...if you don't get a prestige, you get hearts.

Return to “Facebook Games”