HoE Reloaded

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

HellBane
Seasoned

HoE Reloaded

#1 Postby HellBane » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:22 am

Any word on this? I knew it was 'in the works' a while back, but interest in it kinda died down.

scourger
Seasoned

#2 Postby scourger » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:46 pm

They can't publish it fast enough for me.

PEGShane
Site Admin

#3 Postby PEGShane » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:01 pm

I think it's about 80% rewritten. It will be a 2010 release though.

It's being written by Teller, and we'll let him start talking about it sometime after Origins / Gencon.

Shane

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#4 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Awesome!
Can't wait.
"If you think I'm crazy, you should see the people I'm locked up with." - Steamdriven

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)

ScooterinAB
Seasoned

#5 Postby ScooterinAB » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:05 pm

Very exciting. Another wonderful present for when I come back from Japan.

scourger
Seasoned

#6 Postby scourger » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 pm

PEGShane wrote:It's being written by Teller...

He certainly did a great job on Tour of Darkness, so this one will be great, too.

HellBane
Seasoned

#7 Postby HellBane » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:41 am

Excellent. Can't wait for it to come out. Keep up the good work on everything!

nonefornic
Veteran

#8 Postby nonefornic » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:01 am

PEGShane wrote:I think it's about 80% rewritten. It will be a 2010 release though.

It's being written by Teller, and we'll let him start talking about it sometime after Origins / Gencon.

Shane

You know, my wife read this post and being the Hell On Earth fan she is said "didn't they say 2009 last year?"
No longer a luddite... I have a blog... After losing settings, rules and more in PC wipe after wipe its now home to my swag of RPG homebrewing... http://theniconomicon.blogspot.com/

tylermo
Heroic

#9 Postby tylermo » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:59 pm

Oh yeah. I had forgotten about Teller writing it. Glad to see him returning to a key writing role. Only ran about half of Tour of Darkness(due to player's schedules, etc), but it was truly great. Might not have been Pinnacle's strongest-selling plot point, but I highly recommend all Savage gm's, and players to pick it up. Hardcover sells for 19.99 at STudio 2 methinks? Anyway, I have most of the books for classic Hell on Earth. I confess...most were bought after the game went out of print. I bought Deadlands in 1998, and eventually got most of the supplements. Played some of that one, but didn't get around to HOE back in the day(although I was aware of it). I have played a few scenarios classic(and unofficial reloaded) at cons. Love it, and I look forward to the Savage version. Hopefully, he'll "Tell" us all about it soon.

barasawa
Novice

#10 Postby barasawa » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:41 am

At least it's getting worked on, though I'm sure most of us would prefer it to be ready last month :twisted:

Hmmm... I have a feeling my campaign will undergo changes once HoE:R is released. Well, actually it'll probably be completely different by that time than it is right now. :oops:

Learn, Evolve, Mutate, or Die Quicker!

There are few things more fun than watching the players scramble as their GR Geiger Counter (detects spiritual radiation) slowly starts clicking for no reason. Then it gets a little faster. After a while, more clicks. It just keeps increasing it's reading and they can't figure out from what/where...
I may have a wandering mind, but that's ok, it brings back presents.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”