double-tapping rule from HoE

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

double-tapping rule from HoE

#1 Postby thepilk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:07 pm

was dipping into HoE reading a little bit (ive typically stuck to classic) but anyway i noticed the info on double tapping with automatics.

could this be done with gatling pistols and such in classic deadlands? or are the 1877 weapons a bit too "archaic" for that kind of trigger abuse?

i was considering maybe letting it work at a reduced reliability, or force two reliability rolls or something.

anyway, was curious if it would seem problematic to anyone out there

#2 Postby Edgeworth » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:02 pm

Taken from The Player's Guide, page 123, under "Automatic weapons":

A character must fire all three shots of a burst. He can't choose to fire only one or two shots unless the particular weapon's description says otherwise.

As far as most (all statted?) automatics go, you can't double-tap. I'm not sure is this called double-tapping, but double-action revolvers can shoot two rounds in an action using the same mechanic as double-tapping.

#3 Postby Edivdrone » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Double tapping is for semi-auto weapons. It also partially relies on the significantly lighter trigger pull you get from having the slide cock the hammer for you after the previous shot. I don't think this would work with a Gatling Pistol given that it is a fully automatic weapon.
I can do all things through Christ who stengthens me.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”