Warlords of Aros GM Guide?

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Tomahawk
Novice

Warlords of Aros GM Guide?

#1 Postby Tomahawk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:49 pm

I sumbled upon the "Warlords of Aros" Players guide, and I like it - sort of a Basic D&D meets Conan set in the decline of the Roman Empire. I can't seem to find any contact information for the author (Tom Harrison). Did he ever put out Warlords of Aros Gamemaster's guide?

-Tomahawk

Count Zero
Legendary

#2 Postby Count Zero » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:33 pm

I think he's BluSponge here on the forums.
I'm not an adversarial GM. I am a facilitator of awesomeness. - Dr Rotwang

blusponge
Heroic

#3 Postby blusponge » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:27 pm

What? Can't get in touch with me through my own blog?! I'll have to look into that.

Anyway, thanks for the interest in Warlords. Your description sums up a lot of what I was trying to do with the setting, though if I had it to do over again, I would have thrown in a heavier dose of Roger Dean and Barsoom to round out the edges.

I am sorry to report that the simple answer to your question is no. There will never be a Aros GM's Guide, publicly anyway. Of course, we have a blueprint we've been working from for the library game. Only a fraction of it is in writing, though I've been meaning to get a lot more of it written down. It isn't like we wrote up an enormous plot point campaign -- we're writing things one episode at a time. Once I have something more concrete, I may distribute a few copies privately, and I will not rule out doing something with the setting once we wrap the library game, but that is neither here nor there.

But if any of you have been using Aros for your home game, I would really love to know what you've done with the place. Frankly, I expect there are a lot of folks on this forum that could take it in far more fantastic directions than we've been able to in the library game. I'm old school enough that when I wrote the setting, I wanted it open enough for people to go in a million directions, and yet provide just enough detail for my players to figure out where WE were going if they looked hard enough.

So I guess I should be asking you: What's in YOUR GM's guide for Aros? ;)

Tom
...and a Brace of Pistols
a blog dedicated to swashbuckling, horror and fantasy gaming

Tomahawk
Novice

#4 Postby Tomahawk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:15 pm

I don't have a game running... yet. I was wondering about things like a statted-out beatiary and maybe some sort of political backstory/push to get a campaign started.

johnmarron
Novice

#5 Postby johnmarron » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:38 pm

I just wanted to chime in and thank Tom for putting together the Aros player's guide. Great S&S setting and a very pretty document.

John

blusponge
Heroic

#6 Postby blusponge » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:39 am

johnmarron wrote:I just wanted to chime in and thank Tom for putting together the Aros player's guide. Great S&S setting and a very pretty document.

Thanks, John! Appreciate the support.

Tomahawk, I might be able to accommodate you on that score. :)

Tom
...and a Brace of Pistols

a blog dedicated to swashbuckling, horror and fantasy gaming

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”