""Wold-Newton" edge...Ideas?

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

therealtony
Seasoned

""Wold-Newton" edge...Ideas?

#1 Postby therealtony » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:26 am

Jose Phillip Farmer passed away today... When I was a kid I read his Riverowrld stuff and the great "Tarzan Alive" and "Doc Savage: His Apocalyptic Life"..Those two books and the whole "Wold-Newton" Family tree got me thinking..

What about a "Wold-Newton" edge?

I don't have any ideas yet..but I am curious what you very bright people might come up with!!

SlasherEpoch
Legendary

#2 Postby SlasherEpoch » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:50 am

Don't you think being a Wild Card qualifies?

Renny
Seasoned

#3 Postby Renny » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:19 am

Didn't know PJFarmer had passed away. I had loads of fun searching for a copy of His Apocalyptic Life back in the day and it formed the basis for my GURPS Doc Savage writeups. That and Riverworld was a great set of books.
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently 99% Savage and proud !

VonDan
Legendary

#4 Postby VonDan » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:15 pm

According to PJF just about every hero in the world is part of the Wold-Newton family. They are every ware it is even worse than the summers family in marvel comics

Most of the heroes of the Wold-Newton universe are just a little bit stronger, faster, smarter, longer-lived and regenerate faster then normal humans. This is because they are either descended from near immortal begins that are an off shoot of Neanderthals or were descended from the “victims” who were effected by the meteor crash Wold Newton, Yorkshire, England, on December 13, 1795

for the few who might not know of this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wold_Newton_family

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”