Working on an adventure/scenario for free release

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Emryys
Seasoned

#21 Postby Emryys » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 am

I like the knowledge rolls feature... good stuff! :)

starwars1138
Heroic

#22 Postby starwars1138 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:17 pm

Emryys wrote:I like the knowledge rolls feature... good stuff! :)

I concur. Such details would be awesome in all settings. Course, that's easy for me to say, I ain't writin' them :)
Chris in Atlanta
----------------------
"Were I not wed, I would take you in a manly fashion."
"Because I'm pretty?"
"Because you're pretty."

naturaltwenty
Novice

#23 Postby naturaltwenty » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:45 pm

For me they are just little things that perhaps non-combatant PC's (or combatant PC's) could learn. Obviously they may be of little use if used over-and-over again.

I am including a side-bar with some variant knowledge rolls to mix things up a bit and also GM guidance on defining the results to their own campaigns.

Quite a few games use this tactic but one of the first I remember using increasingly detailed knowledge matched to a number of successes was Shadowrun. I've always liked that mechanic and have included in my monster write-ups, interaction tables with NPC's and local knowledge checks on the city/village/hamlet blurbs for the campaign guide.

naturaltwenty
Novice

Almost done and close to release

#24 Postby naturaltwenty » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Well - just waiting for some approvals for map art and this thing will be released - at this point it's primary purpose will be that it can be used as an intro to Savage Worlds (like the one-page adventures) but also as an intro to the Realms of Eldrath.

Alot of the formatting will be re-used in future products so I won't have to recreate all the stuff from scratch.

Here's a scaled down image of one of the pregens - there will be 6 with each taking up a 1/3 page.

Emryys
Seasoned

Re: Almost done and close to release

#25 Postby Emryys » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:39 am

naturaltwenty wrote:Here's a scaled down image of one of the pregens - there will be 6 with each taking up a 1/3 page.

Very Nice... Looking forward to it! :)

naturaltwenty
Novice

#26 Postby naturaltwenty » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:05 am

Hmm - I've got two crowds - one who likes the smaller pregens and those who like the bigger ones (example below) -

I think I'll include the smaller ones in the encounter pdf and have the others be a separate download.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”