Temeraire/His Majesty's Dragon

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

steelbrok
Veteran

Temeraire/His Majesty's Dragon

#1 Postby steelbrok » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:32 am

This was mentioned a while ago but some thoughts just germinated in my head:

To be a dragon rider you take a Dragon Rider edge which gives a small, recently hatched dragon, only big enough to carry the rider and their personal gear. Other than teeth and claws the dragon starts with no special weapons

Dragons advance using edges based on those for the Drakin in Sundered Skies allowing them to get bigger, gain breath weapons, learn skills etc, essentially customising the dragon as it grows and the rider advances.

For other setting rules Pirates pretty much covers things

Another method might be to use Clint's idea and build the dragon using the Necessary Evil Power Points system

zeth
Veteran

#2 Postby zeth » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:18 am

This sounds truly awesome.

steelbrok
Veteran

#3 Postby steelbrok » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 am

It was just something I was kicking around, I haven't actually gone into which edges do and don't apply

I think the Drakin route is the one to go if characters start with new dragons, the NE might be worthwhile for starting with mature dragons

MountZionRyan
Seasoned

#4 Postby MountZionRyan » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:35 am

For Dragon to Dragon warfare, consider In Harms Way: Dragons! I am not fond of the main system for characters, but I've heard the dragon fighting subsystem is very well done.
Roll For News a podcast about what's new and noteworthy in Tabletop RPGs

zeth
Veteran

#5 Postby zeth » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:25 pm

I always pictured the dragons as 'living ships' and the players started as a crew on one. Never occurred to me to actual raise one from the egg.

steelbrok
Veteran

#6 Postby steelbrok » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:45 am

for larger gragons the rules from Sundered Skies for boarding etc would probably work

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”