(NE) Increasing Power Levels

Information and comments on all Pinnacle official Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Doc Holliday
Seasoned

(NE) Increasing Power Levels

#1 Postby Doc Holliday » Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:17 pm

Any recommedations on increasing the power levels of supers in Necessary Evil to the level of the Mutants and Masterminds type?
Never play cards with a man called Doc

Tuesday
Heroic

#2 Postby Tuesday » Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:02 pm

Hmm. Start by applying the Pulp rules from TAG's Daring Tales Of Adventure series - free Benny at the start of every combat, a Soak roll that absorbs all the incoming Wounds gives you your Benny back[1], a Wound heals automatically at the start of every new major scene.

After that... Hmm, actually, I think that's a pretty decent start.

[1]: This will make the brick with D12+12 soak almost impossible to hurt. I'm actually okay with that, for reasons that should seem fairly obvious.

Doc Holliday
Seasoned

#3 Postby Doc Holliday » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:08 pm

I'm referring to Superstrengthed character being able to lift a car in NE, but a 747 in M&M, for example. I know I could change the steps in NE from d12+1, d12+2 to d12+10, d12+20, but I would imagine that would make Superstrengthed characters overpowerful in comparsion to others.
Never play cards with a man called Doc

Renny
Seasoned

#4 Postby Renny » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:28 pm

therealtony has proposed some four colour mods to NE which can be found here - http://swpccc.blogspot.com/2006/07/four-color-power-guide.html

He has proposed a slightly different strength progression which gets nearer to M&M levels.
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently 99% Savage and proud !

gatharion
Seasoned

#5 Postby gatharion » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:51 pm

Personally, I wouldn't.

I'm really enjoying Savage Worlds (with NE) for low-mid level heroes, but don't think that it really scales to high (i.e. Superman) level well.

I'm just as happy with that though as I don't really see the appeal of those sorts of characters.
There is no land beyond the law
Where tyrants rule with unshakeable power.
'Tis but a dream from which the evil wake
To face their fate, their terrifying hour.
-The Sandman

Return to “SW Official Settings & Companions”