For the Newb: Post a play by play combat.

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Blogotron
Veteran

For the Newb: Post a play by play combat.

#1 Postby Blogotron » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:12 am

OK. I admit, although I have been RPing for well over 20 years it still takes me forever to understand a new rules set. I am more of an idea and story sort of GM and often ignore rules ( well you just have to in D&D).

Could someone run through a combat scene from surprise to final blow? if you would not mind throw in a few edge uses as well. I am using the SW:EX book. $9.99 for the primary book? Pinnacle is brilliant.

PS: why are several edges missing from Solomon Kane? Flavor or bad editing?

GreenTongue
Heroic

#2 Postby GreenTongue » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:49 am

Funny thing, someone just asked for that a few days ago and the answer was HERE.
http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21007
=

Clint
Site Admin

Re: For the Newb: Post a play by play combat.

#3 Postby Clint » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:28 am

Blogotron wrote:PS: why are several edges missing from Solomon Kane? Flavor or bad editing?

Hmm, not sure whether you mean Edges from Kane that aren't in SWEX or Edges in SWEX that aren't in Kane as both occur.

But either way, yeah, basically, it's just part of the Setting Rules discussed in the core rulebook; all the tweaks and additions that make the setting work with the system. With Solomon Kane, the Setting Rules are just integrated directly into the system as a whole since it is a licensed complete RPG, but in other setting books, those changes and additions are noted separately.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”