So, I now have Fantasy grounds II..

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

redcard
Novice

So, I now have Fantasy grounds II..

#1 Postby redcard » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:08 pm

And I've discovered something, and I have a question.

They tell me to go to savageworldsonline.net for Savage Worlds games. I go there, and I see three or four messages within the past month.

I see nothing else there. The blog entries are old. The module entries are old. The front page references Gen Con. The calendar discusses things that seem to not be going on anymore.

Before I run out and buy the next part of this, the ruleset, is it worth it? I mean, is Savage Worlds Online just another thing that's going to fall by the wayside?

ProfMarks
Seasoned

#2 Postby ProfMarks » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:31 pm

I for one check in there often. I haven't posted much for the very reasons you've sited. I've even tried to contact some of the ongoing campaigns, with no luck.

That said it's one resource of many. The FGII guild house forums do a lot of match making and I've been able to find more than a few games there. If SG online dies or not, I think the ruleset is a no brainer. It's very nicely done and really makes FGII a fantastic SW program.

Just my 2 cents.

redcard
Novice

#3 Postby redcard » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:48 pm

You've been helpful and correct up to now. Consider it purchased ;)

Murgh Bpurn
Seasoned

#4 Postby Murgh Bpurn » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:09 am

The Fantasy Grounds Savage Worlds community is quite large.

Games can be found at the FG forums and Four Ugly Monsters as well as Savage Worlds Online.

:)
MB
Swashbuckling, Spying & Sorcery in Supernatural Drake's Plymouth.

mac40k
Seasoned

#5 Postby mac40k » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:04 am

I too check the SWO forums frequently, but they just don't get much traffic. The FG forum is much more active, albeit not dedicated to SW. FWIW, I'm planning to start Sundered Skies on Wed nights in a couple of weeks using FG2 (7-ish EST), so if you are interested and available on Wed nights, PM me.

SavageIBS
Novice

#6 Postby SavageIBS » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:24 pm

Add me to the list.

I picked up FG2 and the SW ruleset today. Of course I have no idea how to use it proficently but I'm stumbling throught it.

I'd love to get into a game that's newb friendly so let me know if there's anything I can join in on.

Friday after 7pm PST
Sunday after 7pm PST
Monday anytime PST

Thanks
"I have the the cure for what ails ya.....aye, bulk forming fiber!"

jasales
Seasoned

#7 Postby jasales » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:49 am

So if I buy FGII (full) and the SWEX rules for it, would I need (or players need) the FGII (lite) and the SWEX rules for me to run a SW game for them?

I wasn't sure if this was the way it worked so I thought I would ask those who have used it.

Murgh Bpurn
Seasoned

#8 Postby Murgh Bpurn » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:05 pm

jasales wrote:So if I buy FGII (full) and the SWEX rules for it, would I need (or players need) the FGII (lite) and the SWEX rules for me to run a SW game for them?

I wasn't sure if this was the way it worked so I thought I would ask those who have used it.

Only the GM needs a full license and the ruleset, players can connect with either a full or lite license and will download an encrypted version of the ruleset from the GM.

:)
MB

jasales
Seasoned

#9 Postby jasales » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:22 pm

Thank you for the info. This makes this much more doable.

Lord Lance
Heroic

#10 Postby Lord Lance » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:21 pm

Does Ruleset give "savage dices" and other useful tools? Or is it only an electronic manual like a pdf inside the software??

River Rat
Novice

#11 Postby River Rat » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:58 pm

Yes the ruleset handles exploding dice and a deck of cards. You can also set it up to handle wild dice, both for Revised and SWEE. Fantasy Grounds also handles initiative on a combat tracker that integrates with npc's and pc's.

RR

jasales
Seasoned

#12 Postby jasales » Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:44 pm

The Fantasy Grounds description for the SWEX ruleset says you also need the main Fantasy Grounds software (duh) but it also states you need the Savage Worlds ruleset. Um...isn't that what SWEX is? Can anyone clarify?

Murgh Bpurn
Seasoned

#13 Postby Murgh Bpurn » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:02 pm

The first Savage Worlds ruleset uses the Revised rules, DA then produced SWEX rules, these are either available as a modulefor use with the original ruleset or as a stand alone ruleset.

SavageIBS
Novice

#14 Postby SavageIBS » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:27 pm

So if your going to get one of the SW rulesets like Murgh Bpurn pointed you to, get this one:

http://www.digitaladventures.net/catalo ... cts_id=100
"I have the the cure for what ails ya.....aye, bulk forming fiber!"

UmbraLux
Veteran

Re: So, I now have Fantasy grounds II..

#15 Postby UmbraLux » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:29 pm

redcard wrote:They tell me to go to savageworldsonline.net for Savage Worlds games. I go there, and I see three or four messages within the past month.
Four Ugly Monsters is another site you can find players on. The Fantasy Grounds forums are probably the busiest though.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”