Idea for Low Fantasy setting. Feedback welcome

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

#21 Postby quigs » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:41 pm

Have you checked out Dark Legacies by Red Spire Press? Takes place on a version of Earth that is halfway inside the Abyss (Hell). Magic is the forte of demons and spellcasters acquire taint the more they use that forbidden lore. Priests use a supernatural voice of God to exorcise and cleanse the populace, and almost all non-humans are persecuted in some shape or form. There are still dwarf, elf, and gnome races present with new names, but they are vastly different than Tolkien's.

#22 Postby ScooterinAB » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:55 am

quigs wrote:Have you checked out Dark Legacies by Red Spire Press?

Interesting, I might check it out as a side (I like collecting gaming books). I know of at least one group of players that loves playing small unheard of games.

#23 Postby quigs » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:28 pm

Highly recommend it, the fluff is awesome. The only issue I've had with it is that you pretty much need to make up your own adventures, you can't really port in any other modules from other games very easily.

That and they only made 2 books :P

#24 Postby Blogotron » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:57 pm

Uhm, isn't a low-fantasy world with magic an a variety of races already in existance? Mongoose publishing ;) Or Fantasy Flight games has a grim and gritty high fantasy low magic setting. Both already have SW conversions.

The given setting for Iron heroes is pretty gruesome.

Why not make a Dark Crystal game. its easy to give out homework (watch the movie, and a new picture book was recently published). Or how about Nehwon (Fritz Leiber)

Do you want a grim and dark setting?
A lowmagic setting,
or a low fantasy setting?
Or all three or a combination of any two?

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”