Double Weapons

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Double Weapons

#1 Postby Sunwolf » Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:31 pm

like Darth Maul's lightsaber.

Double bladed swords, or even just a staff. How would it work?

I really don't see it being all that different from using a regular weapon, except maybe you could use Edges like Florentine or Sweep. Effective against multiple opponents, but no advantage against just one.

First rule of SW conversions: Convert the Setting, not the rules.

Second rule, don't forget the trappings

Rule #6: If violence wasn't your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.

#2 Postby chugosh » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 am

If you wanted to mess with it at all, I think that would be the way to go; Just let your players use it as though they had two weapons with all the problems that gives them, such as the -2 for multiple actions. Keeping it FFF precludes a lot of the bothersome detail work seen in other nifty products, but would allow as easily "say so" judgements regarding them. Can I hit twice with a double sword? Sure, roll each hit at -2. Why? Because I say so.

All what you said, still.

#3 Postby SlasherEpoch » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:34 am

Technically, it counts as a single weapon. I don't have any problems with players who want to count them as two with standard multiaction and offhand penalties.

Site Admin

#4 Postby Clint » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:22 am

The jumani chain worked like that in 50 Fathoms. Basically just add under the notes of a two-handed weapon that could do it, "counts as two weapons."
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”