[Necropolis] What are you doing with it?

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Emiricol
Veteran

#21 Postby Emiricol » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 am

Might the Powers That Be be willing to allow corp and merc writeups as FFFan! material? Perhaps for a future SharkBytes issue? Heck, locations could be posted, a finalized Rippers Lodge -as- preceptory writeup, new gear, NPCs...
(\__/) | Fear the bunny.
(='.'=) | Knights of Cydonia, a Savage Worlds open project!
(")_(") | Aloft the Republic, a public domain sci-fi setting

Wiggy
Legendary

#22 Postby Wiggy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:30 am

Emiricol wrote:Might the Powers That Be be willing to allow corp and merc writeups as FFFan! material? Perhaps for a future SharkBytes issue? Heck, locations could be posted, a finalized Rippers Lodge -as- preceptory writeup, new gear, NPCs...

We won't stop fans publishing Necropolis material (within the usual copyright boundaries), but naturally that doesn't make it canon, of course. However, I'm always open to suggestions from fans who'd like to have their material officially approved for use in the Necro universe.

It worked for CAPryde. What began as a fan work on a mercenary group and homebrew campaign setting has been accepted into the Update as canon Necropolis 2350 material.

Just one caveat--don't inundate me with merc and corporate stuff :) That's very much a secondary concern when it comes to the Big Picture and the future of the Necropolis setting.

There is a freebie planned (written but not quite yet ready to publish) all about mercenaries and how to purchase equipment for mercenary companies. Personally, I'd suggest fans wait until it's out and use that as a guideline.
Wiggy
Creative Director Triple Ace Games

Emiricol
Veteran

#23 Postby Emiricol » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:52 pm

Wiggy wrote:Just one caveat--don't inundate me with merc and corporate stuff :) That's very much a secondary concern when it comes to the Big Picture and the future of the Necropolis setting.

There is a freebie planned (written but not quite yet ready to publish) all about mercenaries and how to purchase equipment for mercenary companies. Personally, I'd suggest fans wait until it's out and use that as a guideline.

Being a secondary concern, which you've stated before, is very much why I thought a SharkBytes or other fan activity would be cool. Being FFFan it wouldn't be canon of course. But I know at least a couple of us are interested in the corp side of things, though it is essentially just background material in the setting book. Although waiting for the freebie only makes sense, but it would take a while to work the idea into the SharkBytes lineup anyway I imagine.

I'm assuming there's even interest in such a thing by the community, of course. Just because I think something is a peachy-keen idea doesn't mean everyone else will lol.

Best,

-Emiricol
(\__/) | Fear the bunny.

(='.'=) | Knights of Cydonia, a Savage Worlds open project!

(")_(") | Aloft the Republic, a public domain sci-fi setting

Return to “SW Licensees”