[DLR] Cannibal / Wendigo Questions

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

OgyJoe
Novice

[DLR] Cannibal / Wendigo Questions

#1 Postby OgyJoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:48 am

Does anyone have any information (official or house rules) about how one becomes a wendigo? If you eat human flesh, do you automatically become a wendigo? Is there a certain amount of flesh you have to consume to make the change? Is there any sort of willpower check to resist it? How long does the process take?

I have a campaign idea in which the characters will face a wendigo, and will likely inadvertantly eat human flesh. If you have seen the movie Ravenous, it will be loosely based on that movie. So ultimately I would like a cannibal who is slowing turning into a wendigo, and who will ultimately become a wendigo the players have to fight. But before he sheds human form, he will serve the players stew, without them knowing they meat is human.

Thanks in advance.
*This guy needs to update his six-year old signature.

shadd4d
Legendary
Location: Valparaiso, IN...I miss Deutschland, Chicago, Charlottesville.

#2 Postby shadd4d » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:53 am

Check pg 154 of DLR; it's a Spirit roll to resist the change.

Don
Don

"But there is a difference between fear and horror. An important difference.
Fear is when you worry about what might be.
Horror is when you are certain." Dannyboy01

C.A.Pryde
Seasoned

#3 Postby C.A.Pryde » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:55 am

There are official rules on page 154 of the Reloaded guide. It basically involves making Spirit rolls with cumulative penalties based on the number of times you do it and a circumstance penalty based on the season. I would probably add in some kind of modifier based on accidental versus intentional cannibalism.

EDIT: Doh! Beaten to the punch!

OgyJoe
Novice

#4 Postby OgyJoe » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:22 am

Perfect. I overlooked that and was just looking under encounters. Sorry I rushed to ask before reading fully. Thank you for the info. Closed topic.

*This guy needs to update his six-year old signature.

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”