brainstorm - silas and fort 51

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

can silas take it

yes
50%
no
50%

Total votes: 6

shades of eternity
Seasoned

brainstorm - silas and fort 51

#1 Postby shades of eternity » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:15 pm

I got this crazy idea of after the unity event of Silas taking over at least in part of the ruins of fort 51 in order to take advantage of the high rad environment and/or see if he can get the tech.

any ideas on how to make this happen.

also is their anywhere the full story of silas is somewhere?
Last edited by shades of eternity on Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadDog
Seasoned

how...

#2 Postby MadDog » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:15 pm

I guess the first question is how is he going to get past the legion of undead-cybernetic-main battle tanks ?

I could see Raven doing it as he has access to the worms and presumably their tunnels into the fort.

Mad Dog

Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

#3 Postby Fuzyfeet » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Between Children o' the Adam and City o' Sin, you get all there really is on the Mutant King. Sick, twisted and power hungry (pretty much what-you-see-is-what-you-get bad guy, not always a bad thing).

As for Fort 51, that is no small feat. Even a doomie with HASMAT on would get a bad case of the glows. That said if...

Spoiler:
After the near deplesion of the storm used to power the magical gate travel, I'm sure Silas would love to do it again. With the power of 5 uber-ghoststorms I think he could do it, possibly multiple times and/or smaller uses to implant/destroy/just mess with almost any place on earth (*evil grin* as I think of my game I'm starting and with this new found idea).

Aside from that I don't see him going in unless he knows something everyone else doesn't (like a safe way underground?).[/code]

shades of eternity
Seasoned

#4 Postby shades of eternity » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:36 pm

Spoiler

well doesn't silas have those troops that are immune to pretty much all attacks save doomsayer magic?

while it may be keystone cops, it could be used to provide a target and/or map out the place which can be used for future attacks.

Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

#5 Postby Snap_Dragon » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:00 am

my two cents:

Silas's little teleport trick also drained the life out of several of his adepts which made this quite a costly move for him. One I doubt he would be eager to use again even if he found a suitable powersource.
"If this were a perfect world I wouldn't know what a rat tasted like"
-Lazlo Huber

Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

#6 Postby Fuzyfeet » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:38 am

Right dragon, I forgot that was one of the reasons...

Spoiler
As for using the Doombringers? Silas only has what control they (i.e.: Damon: the Prince of Plagues) allows him. Doomsayer magic is their collective weakness, but when your dealing with monsters created in a ghoststorm, one could argue that those beasties loop-hole in the contract.

Though it reminds me of the time I put a Doombringer on my Posse's trail. He whipped their collective butts twice and they didn't have a doomie in the mix. Well the Doombringer was badly hurt, and cast Touch o' the Doomsayer on himself when I bollixed the roll. So I let the Posse off the hook ruling that it killed him.

shades of eternity
Seasoned

#7 Postby shades of eternity » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:56 am

still

Spoiler:
With rad levels dropping at los vegas , having such a powerful source of radiation would be useful.

Edivdrone
Seasoned

#8 Postby Edivdrone » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:34 pm

He can take it, in that he has the manpower. The only question is when he can take it, because he is dealing with a huge amount of discontent, verging on outright rebellion following the Unity adventure, and the meddling of a Librarian bringing to light the events in Armana (this is covered in Epitaph #4). I for see a large number of his followers deserting and going to Joan, possibly even another schism, unless he does something drastic.

The most I would see him doing with the power is shoring up the glow in Vegas, as in the adventure in the back of the City o' Sin book. Particularly if the players foiled his Evil Plan.
I can do all things through Christ who stengthens me.

Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

#9 Postby Snap_Dragon » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:35 pm

The place is protected by massive EMP protected warbots so I imagine it would not be an easy fight. Plus man power withers pretty quickly under the treads of tanks.
"If this were a perfect world I wouldn't know what a rat tasted like"

-Lazlo Huber

Lord Skudley
Heroic

#10 Postby Lord Skudley » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:20 pm

As I am a tad unsure WHO Silas is can someone enlighten me?
is he DLR, HOE or LC?
Proud co-creator of the 1,000+ Random Encounter Generator found here!

Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

#11 Postby Fuzyfeet » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:06 am

Silas Rasmussen is the King of Las Vegas and leader of the Cult of Doom in HoE.

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”