Bennies and experience

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Should players be able to exchange bennies for experience points (as in the rulebook)?

Yes
13%
Yes
13%
Yes
13%
Yes
13%
No
12%
No
12%
No
12%
No
12%

Total votes: 216

jblittlefield
Legendary

#41 Postby jblittlefield » Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:09 pm

memoriam wrote:i hand out xp and use bennies as it states in the SW book. if anyone has been hoarding then i've not done my job well or they were lucky and got through the nights gaming with out spending to many bennies. i'm not bothered if anyone hoards come to think of it i'd do the same as a player if the gm was handing out a lot bennies and not giving me a hard time so i'd have to spend a few to stay alive.

:1yelclap: Egggsssaacktly! ;)

steamdriven
Legendary

#42 Postby steamdriven » Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:31 pm

thank you, i'll be here all week! -bow- :wink:

...and another thing, why do so many people have to change the rules of the game when there is no reason to do so? don't get me wrong its your game you can do what you like with it. but the way xp works is fine, it's been well thought out and tested so it's as fair as can be. thats just the way i see it, i'm not having a go at anyone, just letting you all know how i feel.
thanks.

-i'd now like to spend a bennie to avoid the flak i'm about to get-

memoriam.

DerFinsterling
Legendary

#43 Postby DerFinsterling » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:00 pm

memoriam wrote:-i'd now like to spend a bennie to avoid the flak i'm about to get-

See, that's where you're wrong. First, you have to take the flak and only then you may spend a bennie to soak the damage ;-)

jblittlefield
Legendary

#44 Postby jblittlefield » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:14 pm

DerFinsterling wrote:
memoriam wrote:-i'd now like to spend a bennie to avoid the flak i'm about to get-

See, that's where you're wrong. First, you have to take the flak and only then you may spend a bennie to soak the damage ;-)

Ummm ... only if the flak caused damage and you weren't already Shaken, and then you'd spend the Benny to remove the Shaken condition before attempting a soak roll ..... :twisted: :cry: :wink:

steamdriven
Legendary

#45 Postby steamdriven » Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:36 pm

jblittlefield wrote:
DerFinsterling wrote:

Ummm ... only if the flak caused damage and you weren't already Shaken, and then you'd spend the Benny to remove the Shaken condition before attempting a soak roll ..... :twisted: :cry: :wink:

:lol: thats why i like this forum. friendly, and people are willing to help you out with the rules :lol:

i've had no flak so far so i've taken no damage. i'll save the bennie for later.

memoriam.

malichai11
Novice

#46 Postby malichai11 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:27 pm

I feel pretty stupid for asking this... but I have the SW: Explorers Edition and I can't find anywhere in the book where it discusses trading in bennies for experience. I also have the Deadlands:Reloaded, and it tells me to look in the SW book. Could someone give me the page #?

Snate56
Legendary

#47 Postby Snate56 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Sorry! You're not stupid. This was an old discussion and they changed the rules for the Ex edition.
In the older rules if you had a couple of bennies left over at the end of the game, you could roll a d6, and on a 5 or 6 you could get another experience point. Unfortunately, it appeared to make players save their bennies for xp rather than use them as they were intended.

SteveN
"And then the indians rode down upon us. They was Arapahoe, Comanche, Cheyenne..... They was only three of 'em, but Dang! They was mean!"

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”