The Complete Berserker Guide

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

kaltorak
Veteran

The Complete Berserker Guide

#1 Postby kaltorak » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:02 am

I'm thinking on doing a berserker character for this night game.

I have some questions about the Berserk Hedge:

1)Being Shaken counts for triggering Berserk? Or only actual wounds?
2)I'm wounded (and shaken) and I succesfully go berserk. I continue being shaken or automatically recover from shaken?
3)I can choose the lesser of the wild dice and the smart dice to go Berserk? (I think yes, because I read something similar in the forum early).

Thanks in advance

Wiggy
Legendary

Re: The Complete Berserker Guide

#2 Postby Wiggy » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:19 am

kaltorak wrote:1)Being Shaken counts for triggering Berserk? Or only actual wounds?

SWEX page 21... "Immediately after suffering a wound (including a Shaken result from physical damage)..."

2)I'm wounded (and shaken) and I succesfully go berserk. I continue being shaken or automatically recover from shaken?

You're still Shaken. You just ignore any wound penalties.

3)I can choose the lesser of the wild dice and the smart dice to go Berserk? (I think yes, because I read something similar in the forum early).

EDIT: Take the highest. Always take the highest. It's a game balance thing (otherwise there's really no need for the roll if you could pick the lowest to deliberately go berserk).

Wiggy
Wiggy
Creative Director Triple Ace Games

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”