Deadlands: Hell On Earth - Opinions and What I Need To Buy!

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Is Deadlands HOE a good roleplay setting?

Hell Yes!
90%
Hell No!
3%
Hell Maybe...not to sure, let me think!
7%

Total votes: 29

Mort
Heroic

#21 Postby Mort » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:53 am

farmergiles wrote:Not only that, but £20 for the core rule book? £15+ for a sourcebook? No way man!

Hmmm. Sure, E30 is fairly reasonable by Irish standards man. Count yourself lucky
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

farmergiles
Novice

#22 Postby farmergiles » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:32 am

Still haven't had much luck. Waiting for a local supplier and some Ebay sellers to get back to me, but they taking so long and I wanna start ordering soon! Why can't people sell for reasonable prices eh?

Wendigo1870
Veteran

#23 Postby Wendigo1870 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:59 am

(Hey, some brave (but foolish) soul voted 'Hell no!' :o )

I recently noticed I'm only missing one book, City o' Sin. Am I missing out on a lot?

Somehow getting hold of the right books goes smoothly here (in Belgium). I'd think it would actually be harder, but then I notice all these posts about the LFGS not having/getting/being able to order/ ... certain books.
Is there some kind of explanation for that?

(Also, would City o' Sin still be available in book-form somewhere? I'd like to have a complete collection! I'll check on E-Bay!)
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.
— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

Mort
Heroic

#24 Postby Mort » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:01 am

Wendigo1870 wrote:I recently noticed I'm only missing one book, City o' Sin. Am I missing out on a lot?

Not hugely, some minor metaplot, some location expo & a few new types of mutant strain (Furries, pretty much).

Nothing you couldn't live without tbh.
"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

farmergiles
Novice

#25 Postby farmergiles » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:27 am

If its so easy to get hold of books in Belgium, perhaps you can put me in touch with some Belgium suppliers? I got a few potential possibilities for the core material + some location books on Ebay, as well as some archetype sourcebooks in the future, but still not brilliant and its time-wasting to wait for auctions to finish.

Borthcollective
Novice

#26 Postby Borthcollective » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:01 pm

Wendigo1870 wrote: (Also, would City o' Sin still be available in book-form somewhere? I'd like to have a complete collection! I'll check on E-Bay!)

You can order it from the GWG/PEG store.http://www.smithandrobards.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_24&products_id=229

Wendigo1870
Veteran

#27 Postby Wendigo1870 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:09 pm

farmergiles wrote:If its so easy to get hold of books in Belgium, perhaps you can put me in touch with some Belgium suppliers? I got a few potential possibilities for the core material + some location books on Ebay, as well as some archetype sourcebooks in the future, but still not brilliant and its time-wasting to wait for auctions to finish.

I'll check it out with some of friends. I don't usually do the ordering - my style is to walk in the shop and look/hope for a suitable book. This always worked with me.

Anyway, I'll check. 8)
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

— Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil

farmergiles
Novice

#28 Postby farmergiles » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:09 pm

You can order it from the GWG/PEG store.http://www.smithandrobards.com/product_info.php?cPath=23_24&products_id=229[/quote]

However, if you live outside the US, you will be swamped with a rediculous delivery charge. They wanna charge me 30+ dollars to ship 2 paperback sourcebooks (for e.g. Brainburners and Last Crusade). Come on!!

Tank
Novice

#29 Postby Tank » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:59 am

Just to roll it back a second...

Shattered Coast - Librarians. "I'm Batman..."
Denver - Robo-Hunters (Steel Knights)
City o' Sin - X-Man like super mutant edges & hindrances.
Iron Oasis - Sky Pirates & Scrappers (Living Cyborgs as opposed to the dead type)
Cyborgs - New Harrowed powers & general harrowed rules.
Waste Warriors - Also includes the Kung-Fu magic which Sykers are good with too...

You can also still use Fire & Brimstone, Hucksters & Hexes/Hexarcana, Ghost Dancers, & Book o' the Dead with the HoE setting. The world isn't much for nature spirits these days, so you don't see many of those guys. Same scenario for the preachers, and Hucksters have a hard time winnin' their battles with the manitous, but they are all still available to play in the future.
Boot o' Doom!

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”