Disguise skill

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Allensh
Novice

Disguise skill

#1 Postby Allensh » Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:33 pm

I was just asked what skill is used for disguise in Savage Worlds/Pirates of the Spanish Main...I replied "Knowledge (Disguise)". Is this correct?

Allen

Clint
Site Admin

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Disguise isn't so much a specific skill as typically a modifier/effect of Persuasion. The whole point is to convince people the character is somebody else.

So in play, a successful "disguise" would simply consist of rolling Persuasion to convince someone you are somebody else. Or it could even be a Stealth roll in order to appear "nondescript." Clothes, ID, and appearance are just situational modifiers to that roll. And a GM could rule that like Repair a character suffers an automatic penalty if they don't have a "disguise kit" and want to specifically appear as another individual.

I tend to hold that a character who wants to be "skilled" at disguise, is best served with an Edge that adds +2 to Persuasion and Stealth when appearing to be someone else.

Hope this helps!
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”