PODCASTING

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Would you subscribe to a SAVAGE WORLDS podcast?

Yes
71%
No
13%
What's a podcast?
16%

Total votes: 45

EssEmAech
Veteran

#21 Postby EssEmAech » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:21 am

Pure Evil Model: D wrote:I'd love to see/hear Savage Radio shows, like "The Shadow" and "buck Rogers", but with savage settings and characters. I've been playing with doing a Deadlands radio show with my friends for the fun of it.

I think that's an effin' awesome idea. Seriously. Perhaps a Moorecock like eternal champion thing with Buck Savage being sucked into some temporal anomoly that drops him in the various Savage Settings.

With the apparent ease of podcasting technology, doing a radio play with various fans and such might be relatively easy. Then again, it might not, I dunno.
I never learned anything from [anyone] who agreed with me. - Robert A. Heinlein

Prest0
Seasoned

#22 Postby Prest0 » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:53 am

There are LOTS of gaming-related podcasts out there. We don't need another "generalist", so sticking to a Savage Worlds focus would be key. But at the same time, I would be concerned about running out of material after a dozen episodes.
Preston P. DuBose
12 to Midnight

Enroll today at East Texas University.

ron blessing
Heroic

#23 Postby ron blessing » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:27 pm

Prest0 wrote:There are LOTS of gaming-related podcasts out there. We don't need another "generalist", so sticking to a Savage Worlds focus would be key. But at the same time, I would be concerned about running out of material after a dozen episodes.

I think a Savage Worlds podcast could be done. If anyone remembers the old Dragon magazine, it used to cover non-TSR producst on a limited basis. So if the podcast was Savage Worlds-centric and it contained limited content about other RPGs and even board/card games that might appeal to the Savage Worlds fan, it could totally be done. Not to mention that with interviews added in (like the one I had with Shane), I don't see a reason that we'd run out of content.

Come to think of it, each show could be themed around a certain aspect of Savage Worlds, be it rules, homebrews, genres, etc.

SavageCAST
Novice

#24 Postby SavageCAST » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:40 pm

I found this site on Google when trying to check the indexing of my site.

I have already established something called SavageCAST...
See: savagecast.dl.am

I would not object if you did title your podcast 'savagecast' but just keep in mind that there is already a podcast named SavageCAST, thats all! Good day and good luck :D

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”