attack, move, attack. Oh my!

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

EHelmers
Seasoned

attack, move, attack. Oh my!

#1 Postby EHelmers » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:28 pm

One of my players has a character with the "Ambidextrous" and "Two-Fisted" edges. In my last game the party was fighting a bunch of mooks. This particular character made an attack, dropped the mook, then wanted to move and make a second attack. I let him do it, and he dropped the second one. It worked allright (didn't seem to break anythying), and everyone had fun.

My question:
Is there anything in the rules to prevent an attack-move-attack again? With these two edges can a character freely attack-move-attack with no penalty?

Thanks
-TED-

"I want a window seat on the astral plane"

Clint
Site Admin

Re: attack, move, attack. Oh my!

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:39 pm

EHelmers wrote:One of my players has a character with the "Ambidextrous" and "Two-Fisted" edges. In my last game the party was fighting a bunch of mooks. This particular character made an attack, dropped the mook, then wanted to move and make a second attack. I let him do it, and he dropped the second one. It worked allright (didn't seem to break anythying), and everyone had fun.

My question:
Is there anything in the rules to prevent an attack-move-attack again? With these two edges can a character freely attack-move-attack with no penalty?

In that specific instance, it's fine as the two attacks are separate actions. If it was something like Frenzy or Autofire, where all the attacks occur in one action, the GM could rule that it wouldn't be possible.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”