Group Project: The Savage City (please participate :))

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Savage City's Top Chef: Emeril or Bobby Flay?

Alton Brown
19%
Alton Brown
19%
Alton Brown
19%
Alton Brown
19%
That "Good Eats" Guy
6%
That "Good Eats" Guy
6%
That "Good Eats" Guy
6%
That "Good Eats" Guy
6%

Total votes: 48

essenbee
Seasoned

#221 Postby essenbee » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:42 am

The One wrote:40 (for the slum lord) through to 47 look to be in a good position. I reckon a little fun could be had having an adventure looking for the missing inhabitants from this area...

This area was supposed to be associated with logging operations in the woods. If you can weave your tale to include that idea, then those numbers would be fine. One the other hand, you may be thinking of a more urban tale, in which case numbers in the 90's or mid-60s and 70s may be more appropriate. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by essenbee on Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

essenbee
Seasoned

#222 Postby essenbee » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:50 am

JackAce wrote:A short question I stumbled over while assembling some background info for my submission:

How old is this City?

Grubman's original City History only states that Sir Hensley buit his castle on top of the ancient ruins, and the town developed around the castle quite quickly.

But how long ago did this happen?
How much history does this city have to look back upon?
10 years? 25? 40?

I think we are well into the 2nd generation of inhabitants, so about 40 years of recent history. The foundations, sewers and dungeons under the city are very old however...

JackAce wrote:There's a lot of further questions linked to this one:

How old is Sir Hensley? Is he still a mighty warrior, and formidable foe for anyone foolish enough to attack his realm? Or is he an old man, barely able to get up from his throne without assistance?

I would guess that his best warrior days are behind him, but he is still a wise lord and cunning strategist. Whoever details the Castle might want to flesh out why the City is a formidible place for enemies to attack...

JackAce wrote:How old can a character be, if he's supposed to be born in the city?

About 40 at the most.

JackAce wrote:Are most of the city's businesses still run by their original founders, or have many of them already been handed over to a second (or third) generation?

First and second generation mostly, I would think.

Hope this helps.

essenbee
Seasoned

#223 Postby essenbee » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:04 am

JackAce wrote:I'd like to place the Sheriff's Office in building #82.

This will include:

- Office and personal residence of the sheriff (and family)

- Jail (used mainly for drunken brawlers to sober up in - anyone accused of an actual crime will be tranferred to the courthouse jail -or directly to the castle dungeon- as quickly as possible)

- Barracks that can hold up to 20 guardsmen (although there are at present only 8 guardsmen stationed there).

This location has been earmarked for your use on my master map.

JackAce
Legendary

#224 Postby JackAce » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:11 am

essenbee wrote:I think we are well into the 2nd generation of inhabitants, so about 40 years of recent history. The foundations, sewers and dungeons under the city are very old however...

Hope this helps.

Indeed, it does. :1icon_bow:

essenbee wrote:This location has been earmarked for your use on my master map.

:1syellow1: Thanks! Now, to work...
Please Click: ImageImageImage

The One
Heroic

#225 Postby The One » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:40 am

essenbee wrote:
The One wrote:40 (for the slum lord) through to 47 look to be in a good position. I reckon a little fun could be had having an adventure looking for the missing inhabitants from this area...

This area was supposed to be associated with logging operations in the woods. If you can weave your tale to include that idea, then those numbers would be fine. One the other hand, you may be thinking of a more urban tale, in which case numbers in the 90's or mid-60s and 70s may be more appropriate. Let me know what you think.

Sorry for the late reply, life got in the way of proper posting damnit!

Anyhow, I reckon I can including the influences of the forest on the idea, for example perhaps the slumlord sells any unclaimed corpses to the goblins (who eat or possibly raise them), after all it would be a waste to bury them and pass up all that money wouldn't it :1sagrin:
Life: Past trends are not an indication of future performance

essenbee
Seasoned

#226 Postby essenbee » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:38 am

Sounds like a plan!

Bretbo
Veteran

#227 Postby Bretbo » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:10 am

The One wrote:Anyhow, I reckon I can including the influences of the forest on the idea, for example perhaps the slumlord sells any unclaimed corpses to the goblins (who eat or possibly raise them), after all it would be a waste to bury them and pass up all that money wouldn't it :1sagrin:

Be sure to read Cutter's Last Goblin Standing adventure in issue #2, it details some of the goblins. Not saying you have to "follow suit", just some interesting ideas presented there.

essenbee
Seasoned

#228 Postby essenbee » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:51 am

Just got my copy of Ptolus ... :1eek2:

Shame its a d20 product.

The One
Heroic

#229 Postby The One » Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:33 am

Okies, my slumlord entry is ready for first review, what address do I send it to again?
Life: Past trends are not an indication of future performance

essenbee
Seasoned

#230 Postby essenbee » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:18 am

stuart dot bonham at bt dot com

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#231 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:52 am

Ahoy hoy, peoples!

The next issue of Shark Bytes is almost ready...but I'd like the following issue to contain more City of the Shark goodness.

So get to work on those entries! (Me too...got to get to work on that entry!!)

Let the rap stylings of Bart Simpson inspire you: Don't diss my technique!

--Cutter
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”