Shark Bytes: Editor Contact Information

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Can you help keep Shark Bytes alive?

Yes, I'll send in some articles on a regular basis (6 per year).
13
17%
Yes, I'll send in some articles on a regular basis (6 per year).
13
17%
Yes, I'll send in some articles on a regular basis (6 per year).
13
17%
Yes, I'll send in some articles on a regular basis (6 per year).
13
17%
No, I can't be bothered to support a fanzine.
4
5%
No, I can't be bothered to support a fanzine.
4
5%
No, I can't be bothered to support a fanzine.
4
5%
No, I can't be bothered to support a fanzine.
4
5%
Maybe, I'll elaborate below.
2
3%
Maybe, I'll elaborate below.
2
3%
Maybe, I'll elaborate below.
2
3%
Maybe, I'll elaborate below.
2
3%
 
Total votes: 76

Message
Author
jblittlefield
Legendary
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 1:40 pm

Shark Bytes: Editor Contact Information

#1 Postby jblittlefield » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:03 am

All of this will eventually be on the Shark Bytes website, but for now you can send your submissions to the following (please contact them first with your idea and they will send you a template to use for your submission):

GENERAL ISSUES
Bill Littlefield (Editor-in-Chief)
headhoncho@sharkbytes.info

50 FATHOMS
Christian Johnson
editor_50fathoms@sharkbytes.info

LOW LIFE
James Witherspoon
editor_lowlife@sharkbytes.info

NECESSARY EVIL
Bob Bretz
editor_necessaryevil@sharkbytes.info

RIPPERS
Marc Hameleers
editor_rippers@sharkbytes.info

TOUR OF DARKNESS
Markus Finster
editor_tourofdarkness@sharkbytes.info

TALISMAN STUDIOS (All Products)
Mark Swafford
editor_talisman@sharkbytes.info

DOUBLE G PRESS (The Ravaged Earth Society)
Eric Avedissian
editor_tres@sharkbytes.info

SHOWDOWN SKIRMISH RULES & FIELDS OF HONOR: WW2
Rick Petersen
editor_showdown@sharkbytes.info

CONVERSIONS
Matthew Mather
editor_conversions@sharkbytes.info

NPCs AND MONSTERS
William (Bill) Reger
editor_npcs@sharkbytes.info

HOUSE RULES
Bryan Botz
editor_houserules@sharkbytes.info

HOBBY NEWS
Robby Anderson
editor_hobbynews@sharkbytes.info

SAVAGE TALES
Benjamin Rogers
editor_adventures@sharkbytes.info

ORIGINAL SETTINGS
Wayne Ratley
editor_settings@sharkbytes.info[/b]

User avatar
grubman
Veteran
Posts: 680
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:46 am
Location: Bonduel Wisconsin USA

#2 Postby grubman » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:19 am

Maybe this could be a sticky for a while?

User avatar
Wiggy
Legendary
Posts: 5815
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 3:15 am
Location: TAG me. I dare you!

#3 Postby Wiggy » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:29 am

I voted "Maybe." When Necropolis comes out I'll try to post a few extra details. All depends if I can find the time and if it sells well enough.

As a semi-open setting, there's room for expanded material. There is a PP, but it only deals with a single military campaign and doesn't end the use of the book - in fact, it's really the prelude to re-take the world from the Undead.


Wiggy
Wiggy
Creative Director Triple Ace Games

User avatar
Pure Evil Model: D
Heroic
Posts: 1053
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:20 pm

#4 Postby Pure Evil Model: D » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Wiggy wrote:I voted "Maybe." When Necropolis comes out I'll try to post a few extra details. All depends if I can find the time and if it sells well enough.

As a semi-open setting, there's room for expanded material. There is a PP, but it only deals with a single military campaign and doesn't end the use of the book - in fact, it's really the prelude to re-take the world from the Undead.


Wiggy


my goodness wiggy. It's not enough that your writing all these wonderful things for us to buy from PEG, but you'd take extra time to write extra stuff for a free fan-zine? You've got some drive...

Bill
Legendary
Posts: 3155
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:48 pm
Location: Overland Park, Kansas

#5 Postby Bill » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:24 pm

Just a reminder that any of these editors would love to have your submissions!
The More I Learn, The Less I Know

User avatar
Mr.Joel
Seasoned
Posts: 319
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Contact:

#6 Postby Mr.Joel » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:18 pm

If the editors continue to be willing to publish two-page rants like I've done in the past, I'll submit anything I come up with. (I wish I could promise 6 per year, but my writing commitments are many [some even pay money], and I hate to over-promise).

jblittlefield
Legendary
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 1:40 pm

#7 Postby jblittlefield » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:56 pm

Mr.Joel wrote:If the editors continue to be willing to publish two-page rants like I've done in the past, I'll submit anything I come up with. (I wish I could promise 6 per year, but my writing commitments are many [some even pay money], and I hate to over-promise).


Send in whatever you can -- whenever you can. We NEED anything and everything that anyone is willing to write. ;)

User avatar
starwars1138
Heroic
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Atlanta area

#8 Postby starwars1138 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:19 pm

Hey JB, who would get product/accessory reviews.
Chris in Atlanta
----------------------
"Were I not wed, I would take you in a manly fashion."
"Because I'm pretty?"
"Because you're pretty."

jblittlefield
Legendary
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 1:40 pm

#9 Postby jblittlefield » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:00 pm

starwars1138 wrote:Hey JB, who would get product/accessory reviews.


Hobby News.

User avatar
starwars1138
Heroic
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:25 am
Location: Atlanta area

#10 Postby starwars1138 » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:30 am

DOH - missed that one.
Chris in Atlanta

----------------------

"Were I not wed, I would take you in a manly fashion."

"Because I'm pretty?"

"Because you're pretty."

User avatar
JackAce
Legendary
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:37 pm
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

#11 Postby JackAce » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:47 pm

Perhaps I should vote YES on that poll...

Making a commitment of that magnitude might be exactly the incentive I need to get me to actually start working on the project I'm working on...

BTW, for all of us who haven't been active games writers these past few years, could you please discribe your preferences concerning submission formats?

Would you like .pfd; .doc; .txt?

How much of the actual layout should/must be done?

Do you need a specific page size?
Please Click: ImageImageImage

jblittlefield
Legendary
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 1:40 pm

#12 Postby jblittlefield » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:53 pm

JackAce wrote:Perhaps I should vote YES on that poll...

Making a commitment of that magnitude might be exactly the incentive I need to get me to actually start working on the project I'm working on...

BTW, for all of us who haven't been active games writers these past few years, could you please discribe your preferences concerning submission formats?

Would you like .pfd; .doc; .txt?

How much of the actual layout should/must be done?

Do you need a specific page size?


Contact any one of the section editors and they can provide you with all the details...short answer: we use a template, RTF, no layout beyond basic headers, graphics separate from text. ;)

User avatar
JackAce
Legendary
Posts: 3416
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:37 pm
Location: 53°04'N 8°53'E

#13 Postby JackAce » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:56 pm

Thanks!

And ... man, that was fast!!! :wow:
Please Click: ImageImageImage

jblittlefield
Legendary
Posts: 7472
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 1:40 pm

#14 Postby jblittlefield » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:45 am

Just so you guys know....

If you have stuff that you want to submit to Shark Bytes for hosting -- rather than inclusion in the 'zine itself -- still submit it to the proper editor; however, all the guidelines about RTF format, separate graphics, no layout, etc. *don't* apply. Those guidelines are for stuff you submit for inclusion in the Shark Bytes 'zine only. Feel free to submit them in whatever manner you deem appropriate -- although we prefer PDF. If you can't create PDF files, let us know and we'll do it for you. ;)

We only give such submissions a quick look to make sure that no copyrights are being violated and that the file meets our minimal standards. We do not alter or edit them in any way -- if we feel changes are necessary, we'll let you know. In such cases, making these changes is entirely up to you; however, if you choose not to make them, then we reserve the right to opt not to host your file. ;)

User avatar
Emiricol
Veteran
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

#15 Postby Emiricol » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:55 pm

What would be the order of preference for submissions, in terms of NPCs, monsters, house rules, setting-specific stuff, genres, etc? I know the answer will be "anything" but keeping that in mind, what are the priorities?

I can discuss via PM or email if you prefer.

Kind regards,

-Emiricol

GraveyardGreg
Novice
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:56 am

#16 Postby GraveyardGreg » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:11 pm

I voted yes. I'm thinking this could be a great motivation to write some stuff, and who knows? Maybe it'll motivate me to write a lot.
Writer/Creator of Dungeons & Denizens
http://www.dungeond.com

User avatar
DerFinsterling
Legendary
Posts: 5677
Joined: Tue May 13, 2003 4:26 pm
Location: Vienna, Austria
Contact:

#17 Postby DerFinsterling » Wed Mar 29, 2006 2:50 am

Emiricol wrote:What would be the order of preference for submissions, in terms of NPCs, monsters, house rules, setting-specific stuff, genres, etc? I know the answer will be "anything" but keeping that in mind, what are the priorities?

I can discuss via PM or email if you prefer.

Kind regards,

-Emiricol


We don't have priorities, so the answer stays with "anything". The more we get, the more we can choose what do include into a particular issue.

User avatar
Emiricol
Veteran
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Seattle, WA

#18 Postby Emiricol » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:03 pm

Of great help would be guidelines on length, content requirements, and categories you want, before we send in an idea to receive the template. I have many ideas, but "send in anything" just isn't enough structure for me to launch from.

Maybe a downloadable "Guidelines" pdf?

savagelurker
Novice
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2006 3:04 pm

#19 Postby savagelurker » Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:31 pm

Emiricol wrote:Of great help would be guidelines on length, content requirements, and categories you want, before we send in an idea to receive the template. I have many ideas, but "send in anything" just isn't enough structure for me to launch from.

Maybe a downloadable "Guidelines" pdf?


From what I understand, there are no limits on content (just don't violate any copyrights) or length (bytes are free). The whole idea is to create an exciting and engaging 'zine that contains information of interest to the Savage Community -- IMHO, the best way to accomplish that is to write about what you want in whatever format, length, or style the content demands. ;)

User avatar
SavagedRobby
Seasoned
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:48 am
Location: Austin, TX

#20 Postby SavagedRobby » Tue May 02, 2006 8:24 am

jblittlefield wrote:
starwars1138 wrote:Hey JB, who would get product/accessory reviews.


Hobby News.



Me. Send away. Please. :)

I have three articles of my own, all half-done, but I'd love to be able to get one or more product reviews in per issue.
Considering the alternative, life is just fine.


Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests