The Searchers & Scrapped

Pinnacle's new fiction stories based on their original settings!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

2-Gun Bill
Veteran

The Searchers & Scrapped

#1 Postby 2-Gun Bill » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:33 am

So in anticipation of The Last Parsec KS, I bought and read the two short stories The Searchers and Scrapped. I wanted to get a taste of the setting.

Well, it's a testimony to PEG editing team that my opinion of the two stories is identical: these are great stories, with everything I like to find in a short tale: a strong opening, a colourful cast of characters (even though some of the names were a bit too similar to easily distinguish who was who), a good mystery set up and a great twist at the end. Well done ! :1yelclap:

The Last Parsec universe, though, seems a pretty generic space opera setting based on these two stories. Guess I will have to wait for the KS to start to know more :-)

GM Joe
Novice

#2 Postby GM Joe » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:08 am

I enjoyed the stories as well. I bought them over the weekend, hoping to figure out a little more about the Last Parsec setting. I'm hoping the setting will be a good fit for my group, because I love SF role-playing.

Edsel
Novice

#3 Postby Edsel » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:32 pm

I've bought all six (that exist as of this writing) and have read all but the last one. I have enjoyed them all and they achieved their purpose. I shelled out the cash and got pumped for the Last Parsec setting so I spent a bunch on it too. :wink:

Raz9000x
Novice

#4 Postby Raz9000x » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:27 pm

I've enjoyed all of them, but "A Clear Understanding of Honor" stood out because it didn't seem to take place in the Last Parsec setting. I didn't know who the ship's crew was working for (no faction was mentioned) and none of the aliens were from the Primer. It seemed like Star Trek fanfic with the serial numbers filed off. I enjoyed the actual story, though.

I'm running TLP very soon and the other stories have helped out a great deal towards my understanding of the setting, however.

Return to “Wendigo Tales”