[LC:R][SW] Lost Colony Reloaded: What do we hope to find in the new edition?

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Khulmani
Novice

[LC:R][SW] Lost Colony Reloaded: What do we hope to find in the new edition?

#1 Postby Khulmani » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:30 pm

So as 2017 might finally be the year in which we see the long awaited Lost Colony: Reloaded, I thought that might be interesting to share what we hope to find in the new edition, and what we would like to see for the relaunching of the line/KS (Ipersonally believe that we will see it as a Kickstarter).

So I hope that the new core book for the LC setting includes:
*Slightly less cartoonish art & aesthetics.
*More detailed information on Banshee and its solar system (p.e. beyond the Anouk and the colonists).
*Subtle references and homages to a few selected classics of sci-fi and planetary romance (from John Carter to Alien).
*A setting that becomes less and less dependent on the metaplot... Particularly the older HoE and LC metaplots (I think they did a great job on HoE: R and I hope they take the same venue here).

And for the KS promos, stretch goals and extras (or the future consolidation of the line):
*1-sheets and Savage Tales that present the mood and the type of adventures that can be played within the setting (highlighting what makes it unique).
*A Companion that brings new things to the setting. Thinks that are not imported from classic LC or HoE.
*A few fun&gonzo crossovers with settings like Savage Rifts or Nemezis (just take these as examples... there are dozens of sci-fi settings that could be chosen for that).
*A plot point campaign for beginning characters that will allow the players to discover the whole setting... while the PCs are doing a lot of banshee-trotting and some in-system space rock jumping.
*Later or eventually, a plot point campaign for high-level characters that will make possible to bring heroes from all the Deadlands-verse through the Hunting Grounds.

So, what do you think/hope?
Last edited by Khulmani on Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Para venir a Cartagena es necesario que el rey de Inglaterra construya otra escuadra mayor, porque ésta sólo ha quedado para conducir carbón de Irlanda a Londres." -Blas de Lezo y Olavarrieta

StalkThis
Novice

Re: [LC:R][SW] What do we hope to find in the new edition?

#2 Postby StalkThis » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:10 pm

With the inclusion of some alien races in one of the Good Intentions adventures, I'd like to see some more aliens pop up in he faraway system.

An Fhuiseog
Novice

#3 Postby An Fhuiseog » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:57 pm

I'd actually very much like to see some metaplot personally, if not in the core, which might just lay out the setting, then at least in a plot point campaign supplement like "Stone and a Hard place". A big final "Here is the adventure where the Reckoners are destroyed". My group is a good bit into the Worms' turn, having completed Noir and Deadlands and I'd really like to close things out.

Beyond that I would like to see the time travel between settings mechanic in some manner. Just to use the previous characters in the final showdown (or maybe you need something from each setting to beat the Reckoners).

I'll admit this is very biased toward viewing Deadlands as a single whole and not Lost Colony as a independent game.

Khulmani
Novice

#4 Postby Khulmani » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:22 am

Humm...

One, maybe two additional alien species could be a nice addition... if they are coherent with the setting ofc...
Maybe they could fit within a Companion...?

I'm not that much for the meta-plot thing, but I feel it is ok when they put the PCs and the PCs adventures on top of meta-plot... and it becomes a tool/excuse for the PCs to do fun/dangerous things (p.e. The Flood, The Worm's Turm...)... This type of M-P I like.

And...

[SPOILERS]
For Banshee, I'd prefer to find more things to do before going against the big baddies... And maybe the big evil ones are worth more than one book... maybe one for each, if/when the line can support it.
"Para venir a Cartagena es necesario que el rey de Inglaterra construya otra escuadra mayor, porque ésta sólo ha quedado para conducir carbón de Irlanda a Londres." -Blas de Lezo y Olavarrieta

An Fhuiseog
Novice

#5 Postby An Fhuiseog » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:54 am

At least in the Reloaded lines (I have only a little experience with Classical) Pinnacle don't seem to do that kind of static metaplot (I.e. just facts about the world) and more seem to go for the players actively taking part in the major events of the world (e.g. The Flood, Stone and a Hard Place), so I wouldn't say it's a major worry that we'll get a book with a significant amount of unplayable metaplot.

Khulmani
Novice

#6 Postby Khulmani » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:40 pm

I wouldn't say it's a major worry that we'll get a book with a significant amount of unplayable metaplot.

I agree. And that reminds me of an idea I read somewhere a lot of time ago: to re-made The Unity into a novel (thinking of it, a Graphic Novel could be great).

Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

Re: [LC:R][SW] Lost Colony Reloaded: What do we hope to find in the new edition?

#7 Postby Jeffrywith1e » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:07 pm

The original post sounded more hopeful than knowledgeable about Lost Colony Reloaded for this year. What do we know about Reloaded? Anything?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

Re: [LC:R][SW] Lost Colony Reloaded: What do we hope to find in the new edition?

#8 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:01 pm

We know it is in production.
... I think that's it.
http://www.pegforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=448837#p448837
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Khulmani
Novice

#9 Postby Khulmani » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:57 pm

It has been also repeatedly mentioned in other recent sources:

John M Goff‏ in twitter @JmgoffM
Mar 12, 2016
Beginning the art review for Deadlands Lost Colony. Good stuff! #deadlands

Aug 23, 2016
Going back after a long break to make final revisions on #Deadlands Lost Colony has more excited for the setting than when I was writing it.

PEG site newsfeed
Aug 30, 2016
https://www.peginc.com/announcing-deadl ... kstarters/
Deadlands continued under the Savage Worlds system as Deadlands Reloaded, Hell on Earth Reloaded, Deadlands Noir, and the upcoming Lost Colony Reloaded.

Jodi answering a comment during the Deadlands Classic Kickstarter (Sep 23, 2016):
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/54 ... t-14477371
@Alan The "classic" 1880s time period continues to be our best-selling line, but we're not ignoring the Wasted West one bit! Lost Colony (part of Hell on Earth's timeline) is in production, as well as another book for HoE. We have lots coming up to keep your heroes in trouble. :)
--Jodi for PEG

"Savage Worlds in ’16: the Year in Review" (Dec 15, 2016)
http://www.flamesrising.com/savage-worlds-in-16/
We also have RPG product developing for Deadlands: Lost Colony, Lankhmar, The Last Parsec, East Texas University, Weird Wars, Savage Rifts®, and much more we can’t announce yet. We have big plans for non-RPG product as well.

Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

#10 Postby Jeffrywith1e » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:17 pm

Khulmani! That was brilliant! Thank you so very much for that

Khulmani
Novice

#11 Postby Khulmani » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:53 pm

Thanks! :D

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”