[ETU] Scary Texas

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Sitting Duck
Legendary

Re: [ETU] Scary Texas

#21 Postby Sitting Duck » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Something of interest I came across when rereading Weird U.S. is the Bragg Road Ghost Light, located in the Big Thicket.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

DMbobby
Seasoned

#22 Postby DMbobby » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Reminds me of my "Big Book of Urban Legends" I found at Half Priced Books a few years back, been my go to resource when I need ETU lore
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

DMbobby
Seasoned

#23 Postby DMbobby » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:23 pm

ETU Update:

Character's encountered the released leprechaun who got the drop on the Trouble Magnet. The magnet then immediately negotiated with the creature, made friends and the team then spent the entire adventure working with the leprechaun which involved the Trouble Magnet getting cursed (right before making friends but it did last all session). Everyone then threw a pizza party with spinach and green pepper pizzas where 64 people plus a local DJ showed up.

At the party a flyer for the Brazen Hussy Brewery having a reopening hosted by the Mayor's Aid who now wear's the missing gold coin as a pin. On the way to town to get the leprechaun's gold coin there was a small car wreck that involved the leprechaun shooting through a windshield and bouncing down the road. This left one character waiting on a tow truck, the cursed character walked the rest of the way and the other two driving to Pinebox Pawn to ask about fake IDs to get into the brewery. This lead to Pizza Barn where Archie the annoying roommate is found working both making pizzas and fake IDs.

The group has a few hours to kill so they show the leprechaun "Mr. Green" around town showing him all the awesome stuff of the modern world. He "accidentally kills a woman in a bathroom after learning to flirt, but only the Law major sees the body and he keeps his mouth shut. The group then gets to the brewery where the reopening is a bust with only 8 guests. They decide to help out the Mayer's Aid and talk him into making the brewery an 18+ club with a cover charge and wrist bands for 21+ customers to drink, this plus getting word out turns it into a 200+ people rager including hiring Jury of Robots to play, this is all used as a distraction to lift the pin off the aid.

After the party everyone wakes up on the brewery floor including Mr. Green spooning GlenMac. Everyone piles up in cars, GlenMac is officially introduced to Mr. Green without his human disguise, and they go to GlenMac's office where the curse is lifted and Mr. Green gets his coin. With all his coins Mr. Green can leave ETU, but decides to chuck the coin out the window so he can stay and keep partying. The characters get a faculty password to both finally fix their frat's pledge records and take the time to add Mr. "Patrick" Green as a student and member of the frat.

Couple things to note. This adventure may have referenced more book specific locations and characters than any other single adventure. Other than a single attack by the leprechaun when first trying to get the drop on the Trouble Magnet there was not a single round of combat in this entire adventure this week. Everything was role played out and solved with montages or skill checks.
New blog up and running, http://gmtable.blogspot.com/ Reviews, adventures, tips and tricks for GMs

JamesG
Seasoned

#24 Postby JamesG » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:53 am

Nice summary!

DMbobby wrote: [The leprechaun] "accidentally kills a woman in a bathroom after learning to flirt, but only the Law major sees the body and he keeps his mouth shut.

So I guess the law major is a little... let's say "morally challenged". Looking the other way at what sounds like, at best, manslaughter is not exactly upstanding. lol

DMbobby
Seasoned

#25 Postby DMbobby » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:56 am

It most certainly isn't and he as a player tends to walk the grey line, but in this case it was much more of a "hey this thing is dangerous and adding cops right now won't help anyone" type of situation.

Snate56
Legendary

#26 Postby Snate56 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Was it supposed to kill a woman? ...or was that something you threw in for spice?

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

DMbobby
Seasoned

#27 Postby DMbobby » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:49 pm

It was a montage/dramatic task and any club it did something evil. Happen to be the only club of the set.

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”