Combat Cyborg armor vs. Plasma

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

SirHose
Novice

Combat Cyborg armor vs. Plasma

#1 Postby SirHose » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:09 am

Hi,

I cannot figure out whether the Combat Cyborg counts as having "Full Environmental Protection". My primary concern is how plasma weapons affect the Cyborg. The Players Guide states that plasma weapons hit the least armored area (seeming to refer only to body armor) and may ignite targets.

Does the Borg have a "least armored area" and will additional Armor Plating upgrades make any difference?
Will the risk of igniting affect the Borg? If it is considered environmentally sealed, it would seem that i may at most be an inconvenience (impair vision, burn worn items etc.), if not, I suppose it should be treated as doing damage to the Borg until doused.

Secondary, the question of environmental protection is also relevant to hazards such as radiation and vacuum.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Combat Cyborg armor vs. Plasma

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:34 am

SirHose wrote:I cannot figure out whether the Combat Cyborg counts as having "Full Environmental Protection". My primary concern is how plasma weapons affect the Cyborg. The Players Guide states that plasma weapons hit the least armored area (seeming to refer only to body armor) and may ignite targets.

Does the Borg have a "least armored area" and will additional Armor Plating upgrades make any difference?

Plasma weapons affect the least armored location unless the target has "fully sealed armor" which is just one aspect of "Full Environmental Protection."

Combat Cyborgs do not have "Full Environmental Protection," but do have some of the listed effects from it such as being immune to poison and disease (under the More Machine ability). Additionally, their armor does count as full coverage since it is in fact their body being a "full conversion 'borg."

So a Combat Cyborg would get their Armor against a plasma weapon.

SirHose wrote:Will the risk of igniting affect the Borg? If it is considered environmentally sealed, it would seem that i may at most be an inconvenience (impair vision, burn worn items etc.), if not, I suppose it should be treated as doing damage to the Borg until doused.

Being in "fully sealed armor" or not has no impact on the chance of the target being ignited. It's just a flat chance based on being hit by Mega-Damage levels of superheated gas. The chance of catching fire is determined by the GM who may deem it lower for a fully (external) metallic being like a full conversion 'borg, but ultimately, there is some chance of it happening.

SirHose wrote:Secondary, the question of environmental protection is also relevant to hazards such as radiation and vacuum.

As noted above, Combat Cyborgs have some features of environmental protection but not all of them. They could get more by taking the Internal Life Support package or by wearing a suit of armor which provides Full Environmental Protection. The Armor wouldn't stack, but they would still get the other effects of the armor.

Hope that helps.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”