Good Intentions Survey Add-On Shipping

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

fanchergw
Heroic

Good Intentions Survey Add-On Shipping

#1 Postby fanchergw » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:55 pm

Hi Pinnacle!

Question regarding the survey for Good Intentions and Add-Ons: When I go into the survey to an item, the item says <price> (+$0.50 S&H). However, when I actually click on the item to add it, not only is the cost of the item added, but also around $3.00 is added to the listed Shipping cost. That's a lot more than the $0.50 S&H listed with the item. It almost seems like it's actually adding the full shipping cost as if the item were being ordered and shipped separately. Is this how it is supposed to be working?

For example, before adding Paradise Lost, the shipping part of the bill was showing ~$18, but after adding it, the shipping was showing over $21. Please note that I am in the US, so there is no overseas markup.

Regards, Gordon

PEG Jodi
Novice

Re: Good Intentions Survey Add-On Shipping

#2 Postby PEG Jodi » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:08 pm

Hi Gordon,

The phrase "shipping and handling" is misleading, isn't it? It's a part of PledgeManager's system. Since we're using a weight based shipping table the shipping part is calculated as total weight, and we charge $0.50 for the handling for each item (except the $2 Wild Die).

Hope that helps!
Jodi Black
COO and Managing Editor
Pinnacle Entertainment Group

fanchergw
Heroic

Re: Good Intentions Survey Add-On Shipping

#3 Postby fanchergw » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Sorry, Jodi, but I'm still confused. It's hard to imagine that Paradise Lost weighs that much. Boiling it down, I cannot rationalize in my own mind having a $5 printed item add over $3 to the shipping. $0.50 makes sense, $3+ does not. The shipping before adding the item is over $13, which seems high for in the US, so bouncing it up to almost $16.50 by adding one item that likely doesn't weigh more than an ounce or two, seems very odd.

Honestly, I suspect that it is a bug in the software. Either way, it looks like I'm going to have to give up on getting that product.

Gordon

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”